Has this ever happened to you?

Have you ever been put down or critisized for being a member of FIRST? Even after you tell them about your contribution to your team and how much you’ve learned about engineering, programming, etc., they still think you’re a complete idiot? Why do people do this? I mean, who is the idiot here?

Some people just really disgust me.

could you elaborate a little, what do you mean by put down.
are you talking about being made fun of for “playing with robots”
or something like that

or that people think that
you think your smarter than everyone else, becuase your in this science/robot program, and as a result of which they say that your still not all that smart?

dumb people are afraid of smarter people, its a simple fact. The smarter we get, the more threatened the dumb people feel. And when i say dumb people i dont mean it in a bad way, its just because of a lack for better words. THose people should be just ignored, we have worked hard for it, and thus we should take great pride!

*Originally posted by ssjcell *
**could you elaborate a little, what do you mean by put down.
are you talking about being made fun of for “playing with robots”
or something like that

or that people think that
you think your smarter than everyone else, becuase your in this science/robot program, and as a result of which they say that your still not all that smart? **
I mean people saying “Hah, you build robots, what a geek, you’re so retarded”

I mean people that think you’re stupid after proving to them that you’re not…I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. Wow, I know some really great people. :rolleyes:

Alaina, it happens to me all the time… People say a lot of things to put me down about it… But I don’t care what people think because I love FIRST… It’s one of the best things I have ever happened to me…

*Originally posted by Alaina *
**I mean people saying “Hah, you build robots, what a geek, you’re so retarded” **

Well I think it’s pretty obvious there who the “retarded” person is.

Words I live by: If they’re idiots, thats fine. But, just ignor them.

So, some people are idiots - what can you do? Just ignor them.

And if its any conselation, in 10 years you’ll be making a lot more money than them (maybe even their bosses…evil laugh)

I agree…

This doesn’t have anything to do with robotics, but today I was looking at the sky and a cloud gave me the finger. I don’t know how to feel about that.

did it??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm… thats a sign

*Originally posted by Harrison *
** And if its any conselation, in 10 years you’ll be making a lot more money than them (maybe even their bosses…evil laugh) **
Heh, that’s what my math teacher says. “Don’t make fun of geeks, because you’ll probably end up working for one.”

Edit: Match teacher? That doesn’t make any sense!!

My teacher says that a lot…

*Originally posted by Alaina *
**I mean people that think you’re stupid after proving to them that you’re not…I don’t know, maybe it’s just me. Wow, I know some really great people. :rolleyes: **

You don’t have to proove anything to them. The course of time with proove it for them. When you are making 10 times as much as them, and have everything you could have possibly wanted… I think that is proof enough.

actually people have given up making fun of me for being smart. if we get a test back and i did better than they did, i’ll get the occasional I hate you or whatever, but other than that, they’ve stopped trying to upset me with that.