Have You Had Problems installing LabVIEW 8.0 Student Edition?

We’re currently investigating some issues FIRST Robotics teams had while installing LabVIEW 8.0 Student Edition onto their computers. We’d like to hear about issues ranging from CDs that would not be detected properly on some systems to installations that would run for more than 3 hours without completing. This is a serious concern for National Instruments, and we’d appreciate a little bit of your time to help us out.

If you had any problems installing LabVIEW 8.0 Student Edition that was not related to the Windows Registry (or was eventually attributed to a registry problem) we would appreciate the following information:

1. Make and model of the machine that exhibited the problem. Exact system specifications are not required unless the computer is “home-built.”

2. Which CD was in the machine when this problem occurred? (e.g. the LabVIEW CD, the First Driver CD, or the Second Driver CD)

3. What actions did you take to eventually solve your problem, e.g. network to a computer that read the CD properly, contacted NI for a web download, did not insert the Driver CD, etc…

We would appreciate it if you would either reply to this thread with the information or send your comments to the e-mail address:

frc[at]ni.com

Thank you very much for your support!
-Danny

When I start up my computer, which I’ve installed the Student edition of Labview on, I sometimes get a couple of error windows popping up saying that Tagger needs to be shut down. I’ve got a brand new Dell Inspiron 6000 running Windows XP Media Center.

I also had problems initially installing because it wanted to install more things than were needed. I ended up uninstalling, cleaning up the registry and reloading.

I know I should find time to go to the ni site and try to figure out if there’s updates, but there always seems to be other things to do…