having withdrawl... help please??

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from Oakland Technical Center-Northeast Campus and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 5/25/2000 1:35 PM MST

Today is a Thursday.

I am sure many of you noitced that, but for effect, I had to tell you again.
Today is a Thursday that is not like any other Thursday.
There are 15 kids in Oakland County at this moment who are feeling lost and confused because they have nothing to do on this Thursday.
Our class ended on Tuesday, and now we have nothing to do.
HELP?? WE ARE HAVING FIRST WITHDRAWL…
-Erin

Posted by Ken Patton.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #65, The Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 5/25/2000 5:49 PM MST

In Reply to: having withdrawl… help please?? posted by Erin on 5/25/2000 1:35 PM MST:

Erin-

Okay, heres what you do. I seem to recall you are going to OU next fall. Last time I checked, they did not have a FIRST team. Why don’t you get a team started? I know for a fact there’s a robotics group there that competes in another competition - they may not be able to be heavily involved, but they may make a great ‘advisory board’ to go along with some junior and senior level engineering students. They might be really fired up about it if they knew there was a solid group of incoming OU students who could contribute (um, that could be your summer project - a solid group of OU students!). What do you think?

You could probably use BuzzU as the place to ‘sign up’…

All you would need is a high school… heres the tough part, finding a non-FIRST team in Oakland County! There must be one somewhere! :))

Ken

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from Oakland Technical Center-Northeast Campus and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 5/26/2000 11:18 AM MST

In Reply to: just do a little homework Erin :)) posted by Ken Patton on 5/25/2000 5:49 PM MST:

OCC actually has a Manufacturing course as strong as OU’s however, at a cheaper price. I also get articulation credits for some classes I have already taken. And then I can easily tranfer my credits to almost any college in America.

I’m not telling you yet what I have going on with OCC however :slight_smile:

-Erin

p.s. I wore the Huksie shirt to school the other day… people kept asking me what it was all about :slight_smile: