Head Referee "Fireside Chat"

Good afternoon everyone! Over on Reddit, I’ve decided to do a bit of a “Fireside Chat”/Q&A/AMAA(Ask Me Almost Anything). I’m an FRC head referee and love being able to talk with team members, mentors, and coaches about the game and rules. So I had a weekly thread idea.

I will answer almost any question about the game, rules, or anything else people may have. I will, however, limit the questions I answer about rules. I will NOT give interpretations or opinions, only link to official rule numbers or GDC rulings. This should prevent any issues of teams going off of possible incorrect interpretations. However, feel free to ask about my experiences with FIRST, as a driver or team captain, college, and whatever else crosses your mind.

There are a few other refs on the subreddit which I hope will join me and answer questions.

We’ll start on Monday, January 6th at 7pm central time to discuss the game or other thoughts. From there, every Saturday (Jan 11th, 18th, 25th, Feb 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd) at the same time, 7pm central.

So please join me and ask away!

P.S. I would do it here on CD, however, the commenting system on Reddit is much more conducive to this type of discussion, as the best questions can be voted to the top and repeat questions can be avoided. Thanks!