Headline: Bar-loks spotted on web; Bigfoot runs for cover!

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, Blue Light Special, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 9/29/2000 10:41 PM MST

Hey all, amy–

We are not nuts.

Bar-loks do exist.

This website proves it: http://www.calrf.com/avery.htm

Yes, as listed, they are a BRAND NAME of cable ties…

But show us some respect here… this is like the Kleenex thing… no, not all tissues are Kleenex brand… and it is only a brand… but if someone says ‘hey, do you have a kleenex?’ you understand what they want…

i think that if i say ‘hey, do you have a bar-lok i could use?’ it should be commonly understood that it is a little plastic locking device that i long for…

Us bar-lok fanatics just want a little respect… we just want to be understood!

And ya know-- andy’s right (everyone ducks)

BAR-LOK sounds much tougher and robust then cable tie or tie wrap anyday!

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #1, The Juggernauts, from OTC-NE and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 9/30/2000 6:10 AM MST

In Reply to: Headline: Bar-loks spotted on web; Bigfoot runs for cover! posted by colleen on 9/29/2000 10:41 PM MST:

Well I can speak for Michigan when I say, no…they are not bar-loks…

It’s like this:

We have Faygo, who began the whole ‘pop’ thing. Everyone else everywhere else in the world calls it soda. That’s only because they haven’t had the pleasure of having Faygo redpop, rock n rye, moon mist or orange pop around them in culture for so many years. And we will continue to call it pop.
i don’t think anyone is ‘right.’ we are just choosing to call them tie-wraps. and besides, how the heck can a name for a plastic wrapping device intended for bondage that has a zip lock on it have one name that sounds ‘more roboust?’

sticking up for the d-town teams,

erin

p.s. however, we do believe in bigfoot.

p.s.s. yes, the buttons will be available in march.

p.s.s.s. no, the revolution will not be televised.

Posted by Andy Grady.

Other on team in limbo from in limbo sponsored by in limbo.

Posted on 9/30/2000 7:31 AM MST

In Reply to: Headline: Bar-loks spotted on web; Bigfoot runs for cover! posted by colleen on 9/29/2000 10:41 PM MST:

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!!

Now im not gonna gloat, but what are those I see on the web?!?!?!?! See I know my stuff, and for all you non-believers who have not yet made the jump to team Bar-Lok, this here proves that they do exist, so now you have all the more reason to jump. Thanx Colleen for making my day!!!

Thank you,
Andrew J. Grady
co-founder Team Bar-Lok

Posted by Deej.

Engineer on team #190, WPI/Mass Academy, from WPI and WPI.

Posted on 10/1/2000 5:25 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Headline: Bar-loks spotted on web; Bigfoot runs for cover! posted by Andy Grady on 9/30/2000 7:31 AM MST:

Colleen must have spent some time creating that webpage to try and fool us all…j/k

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, Blue Light Special, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 10/1/2000 9:39 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Headline: Bar-loks spotted on web; Bigfoot runs for cover! posted by Deej on 10/1/2000 5:25 PM MST:

yeah DJ – cause i have nothing better to do now that i can’t walk…

although it’s not a half-bad idea :stuck_out_tongue: