Help getting c-rio and code working

Hello CD,
I am trying to get an old 8 slot c-rio working. When I went to up load it only got this far:

ant -f C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot deploy run
clean:
Deleting directory C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build
Created dir: C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build
Created dir: C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\classes
[crio-compile] ./src, C:/Users/Braeden/sunspotfrcsdk\lib\wpilibj.jar;C:/Users/Braeden/sunspotfrcsdk\lib
etworktables-crio.jar, C:/Users/Braeden/sunspotfrcsdk\lib\squawk.jar -> ./build/classes
Compiling 10 source files to C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\classes
warning: [options] source value 1.3 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] target value 1.2 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use -Xlint:-options.
3 warnings
compile:
preverify:
Created dir: C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\preverify
Created dir: C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\preverify.raw.util
[crio-preverify] ./build/classes, , C:/Users/Braeden/sunspotfrcsdk\lib\wpilibj.jar;C:/Users/Braeden/sunspotfrcsdk\lib
etworktables-crio.jar, C:/Users/Braeden/sunspotfrcsdk\lib\squawk.jar -> ./build/preverify
Expanding: C:\Users\Braeden\sunspotfrcsdk\lib\wpilibj.jar into C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\preverify
Expanding: C:\Users\Braeden\sunspotfrcsdk\lib
etworktables-crio.jar into C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\preverify
jar:
[crio-jar] ./build/preverify, ./resources -> ./build/app.jar
Building jar: C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\app.jar
suite:
Created dir: C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\suite
[crio-suite] ./build/app.jar -> ./build/suite/image
CompilerOracle: exclude com/sun/squawk/Method.getParameterTypes
CompilerOracle: exclude com/sun/squawk/SymbolParser.getSignatureTypeAt
CompilerOracle: exclude com/sun/squawk/SymbolParser.stripMethods
[translating suite image [closed: false, parent: squawk] …]

Excluding compile: com.sun.squawk.SymbolParser::getSignatureTypeAt

Excluding compile: com.sun.squawk.Method::getParameterTypes

[Including resource: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF]
[Including resource: META-INF/maven/edu.wpi.first.wpilib.networktables.java/NetworkTablesAzalea/pom.properties]
[Including resource: META-INF/maven/edu.wpi.first.wpilib.networktables.java/NetworkTablesAzalea/pom.xml]
Romizer processed 397 classes and generated 4 files.
Expanding: C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\app.jar into C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\suite
Moving 1 file to C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\suite
Moving 1 file to C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\build\suite
Deleting: C:\Users\Braeden\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MyRobot\image.suite.api
deploy:
[crio-configure] Configuration files not included in this version of the sdk
[crio-configure] Checking that crio is configured for Java
Host OS: Windows 10 10.0, 10.0
Host JVM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 25.171-b11
Target IP: 10.34.61.2
Network interfaces on host:
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller: address: 10.34.61.77 netmask: 255.255.255.0 <— on robot’s subnet
Connecting FTP @10.34.61.2

Can someone please help me?

thank you

I think 2014 was the last year the 8-slot cRIO was supported. You can find the appropriate LabVIEW software at the bottom of this page: https://forums.ni.com/t5/FIRST-Robotics-Competition/Download-FRC-Software-Here/ta-p/3734559

I don’t know where to find the old C++ or Java programming environments and WPI libraries.

This is the archived 2014 WPI Library
https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/3120

Older versions of RobotPy can still be deployed on the cRIO: https://github.com/robotpy/robotpy-crio/releases

I know the c-rio’s are no longer supported but I thought the all the software still worked.

The RoboRIO’s underlying architecture is very different and incompatible with the cRIO. This is why FRC made a clean break to the RoboRIO in 2015 instead of having a crossover period of supporting both.

In your case of using Java, the cRIO used a custom version of JavaME (Micro Edition), whereas the roboRIO uses JavaSE (Standard Edition), meaning the WPILIB libraries would be incompatible near the lower Hardware Abstraction Layer level.

In order to program/use a cRIO, you’d need to install the 2014 or previous software packages that would still support the cRIO architecture.

You’re using netbeans, so it seems like you have the proper libraries for the crio. Can you ping the ip address it is looking for the crio? And is it properly imaged with the 2014 image?

I am using NetBeans and i’m confident that I have all the correct old plugins. As for the correct version of Java i’m not sure. Although I can connect using the old driver station and enable.
Considering that, I do not see the need to ping it.

So I re-imaged the crio and now it all seems to be working. I think the image must have gotten corrupted or something. After all it the crio was sitting around for a while.