Help... Give my team a new name

So my team kinda has a problem. We go by M.I. Robotics which stands for mercer island Robotics… and our mascot is a snail. We even have a full body snail costume. School colors are Maroon and white. Does anyone have any ideas on how to re-brand our team with a decent name?

Non-Serious answers are appreciated too!

Edit: How do you market snails?

8 Likes

Gotta go with Mercer Enforcers :wink:

5 Likes

Teamy McTeamface

26 Likes

I’d play up the snail part of the name and mascot, personally. There are very few teams with a snail as their mascot, and for branding uniqueness is a virtue.

And I recall seeing some robotic snails somewhere but I don’t recall who or where.

The RoboSnails… Snailbots… Escargo–er, not that last one, except maybe as a robot name for 2019.

10 Likes

Snail McSnailface would probably work better with their current branding

Salty Snails might work too?

Super Intelligent Snails if you want to ride on the coattails of a 2yr old reddit meme, and pull branding like 4125 does with spy stuff along with the snail

5 Likes

Maybe “948 NRG’s little sister?” Just an in-team thought :wink:

2 Likes

Escargobots?

FYI there’s only 4 teams in the states with “island” in their name. So maybe something along those lines

10 Likes

I like the name “Turbo Snails”.
Live up the snail thing, it’s pretty awesome.

8 Likes

Decoy snails

4 Likes

Team S.N.A.I.L.S.

So
“Not”
Aliens
In
Little
Shells

Or

Super
Nifty
Animals
In
Little
Shells

7 Likes

Island Snails

Has a nice ring to it, and there’s at least a couple of ways to play up the name in a team theme.

3 Likes

Or, to get even better, in the same vein- “Decoy Snails”

Snail Faster

or maybe Flailing Snails

5 Likes

I’m particularly fond of Nine Inch Snails.

43 Likes

How about the “Maroon and White Snails that Live on a Island and Build Robots” or “MWSLIBR” for short!

/s

2 Likes

I personally like calling you MI Robotics (nice ring to it, in my opinion, plus I’m used to it), although the snail idea is… intriguing.

After a quick google, burgundy snails are, in fact, an actual species (helix pomotia), so you could take a twist on that with “Maroon Snails”.

If you’re looking for acronyms…

Superb
Nerd
And
Island
Lover
Society

That said, you could also heavily incorporate the snails into marketing (t-shirts, etc) without actually changing the name, which would still create a correlation in people’s minds with your team and snails.

Quick tangent - our team sent out a poll to the school in 2017 for our robot name and “Robot McRobotface” was the most popular response. (We went with “Falca” instead.)

1 Like

I was thinking of posting pics of Spongbob’s Gary or Turbo so I did a search for “turbo snail” and there’s a ton of images that would be great for a team logo.

If your school administration doesn’t tell you to use the school colors you could come up with a T-shirt design that’s unique and that others can identify from the other side of the stands. I don’t know what the popular colors are in your area but a white shirt with a robotic snail logo and your team number would stand out.

I just did a search for Mercer Island on google maps and the island kinda looks like a snail’s head. I think your design could be easier than you think.

1 Like

Use the snail.

Weird mascots are cool
Except no one knows what an anomalocaris is

11 Likes

MERCERnaries

3 Likes

Who would name their team Cheesy Poofs? But, it works!
I completely agree, weird team names/mascots are cool!
Imagine snail shell hats/helmets…

4 Likes