Help Help Help!!!!!!!!!

I was just working on my computer, and being the idiot I am I plugged the molex connector to a new HD in when the PC was ON. It just shut-off and I can even start the machine!?!?!

DID I KILL THE PS OR THE WHOLE BOARD!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

um, molex connectors usually aren’t hot swap capable (or at least not that i’m aware of)…

if you’re lucky, maybe you only made a pretty light show, or if the computer gods hate you, then you’re entire mother board could be dead (i’ve had power supplies blow up the mother board for no reason at all before). my suggestion is to not use that HD, test. if it works, you’re #%#%#%#% lucky. if it works, then try with the new HD (TURN OFF AND UNPLUG THE PC FIRST!) and test. if it doesn’t work, better hope the warrenty covers stupidity (even trying being nice, that’s still kind of dumb to hot swap anything on the inside of a desktop).

I fixed the problem, I fired a wire from my switch to my MB. If I hit the top of the case… it turns on

*Originally posted by MattK *
**I fixed the problem, I fired a wire from my switch to my MB. If I hit the top of the case… it turns on **

You hit the top of the case? Now that’s the wierdest thing I’ve ever heard to turn on a computer.