Help Streamline

I have emailed autodesk about how to access Streamline and they never replied. How do I go about accessing the kit of parts on streamline?

I need window motors and drill motors before the 10th!

Thanks
BadBrad

You don’t need a Streamline account to access the Virtual Kit of Parts.

https://folders.buzzsaw.com/2003FRC/Public/Inventor%20Parts?Public

Additionally, you can find models of use at www.firstcadlibrary.com .

You’re doing this for the Autodesk Inventor Award, I assume? It seems a bit silly. I mean, after all, the Award is supposed to be rewarded to teams that use Inventor to design their robot, right?

It’s about how you use the software in your development cycle, not how quickly you can model what you did in another software package or something.

But hey, what do I know?

Hey your not much help! I am learning how to use Inventor and I just started this project less than 3 weeks ago. I couldn’t start working on the project until my second semester classes started. I have tried buzzsaw and Firstcadlibrary. Buzzsaw’s files dont open “document failed to open” ERROR. Firstcadlibrary doesnt have this years window motors or drill motors

*Originally posted by team222badbrad *
**Hey your not much help! I am learning how to use Inventor and I just started this project less than 3 weeks ago. I couldn’t start working on the project until my second semester classes started. I have tried buzzsaw and Firstcadlibrary. Buzzsaw’s files dont open “document failed to open” ERROR. Firstcadlibrary doesnt have this years window motors or drill motors **

If you’re getting that error, it’s possibly because you’re using an older release of Inventor. The new models were made in R6 and cannot be opened by anything older.

I’m glad you’re learning how to use Inventor. It’s a good software package and, from what I understand, a good introduction into the method of thinking that is used in most other parametric design packages.

But, still, March 10th? . . . the same day as the Inventor deadline? Odd, I think.

If anyone cares to see this is what I have assembled so far. I have most of the parts I need drawn up I just need to assemble them.

arm assembly.jpg

arm assembly.jpg

Just a suggestion, you might want to turn off the visibility on your work planes. It’ll look a lot nicer and more professional. Otherwise, nice job! Can’t wait to see your final. Anyone else want to show us your progress?