Help! We need info.-IMPORTANT!

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from Oakland Technical Center-Northeast Campus and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 4/13/2000 6:47 PM MST

Team #1 is considering going to the WMRC (we will if we can get info and if it isn’t filled!) and the Kokomo Invite, and WE REALLY WANT INFO ON THAT. In case the WMRC is filled, we want the info to the Philly Invite because we will go to that instead. Also I need as much info as possible about the B.O.M.B. & its surrounding area because we are thinking about having a big team camping trip (our teachers also teach environmental geology over the summer- all in the u.p. so they have lots of tents and experience) so, if I could get as much info as possible, I would really be thankful. Please consider taking a few minutes to help me out, PLEASE! Thank you so much fellow FIRST-ers!

• Erin, Team 1 Juggernauts

Posted by Becky Allen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Student on team #16, Baxter Bomb Squad, from Mountain Home High School and Baxter Healthcare.

Posted on 4/13/2000 8:34 PM MST

In Reply to: Help! We need info.-IMPORTANT! posted by Erin on 4/13/2000 6:47 PM MST:

Erin
BOMB will be held in Mtn. Home, Arkansas on June 23&24.
We have two wonderful lakes that you and your team are welcome to camp at. If you make plans to come, our chamber of commerce will send you a packet with accomadations. For information, you can contact me at [email protected]
or post another message on here

thanks for your interest
Becky
P.S. Any other teams who are interested in the Baxter Ozark Mountain Brawl, feel free to contact me.

Posted by Greg Mills.

Engineer on team #16, Baxter Bomb Squad, from Mountain Home and Baxter Healthcare.

Posted on 4/14/2000 6:26 AM MST

In Reply to: Baxter Ozark Mtn. Brawl posted by Becky Allen on 4/13/2000 8:34 PM MST:

:
We are looking forward to hosting another summer competition this year. The site is at the new Mountain Home High gym, a 2,800 seat facility with the old gym attached to make a great pit area. Current plans are for Friday 6/23 to be a fun day with ‘Robot Olympics’ and maybe a few matches. Followed by a party and cookout at one of the lakes. I promised Ken Patton & Brian Beatty that I would grill their burgers personally so I guess that invivation goes to all that come. Saturday will be a competition based on the FIRST format, with the number of matches and elimination rules decided by the teams in attendance. I’m sure that another team party will either breakout or be planned at the lake again Saturday night.

Our intention is to have a fun time and get to play with the robots again. If early interest is any indication, this will be a great event with alot of great teams here. Let us know your intentions as soon as possible. Mountain Home is a great vacation destination, lots of lakes, rivers & nature. If enough folks stay over Sunday we might even get a canoe trip on the Buffalo River together.

Go to our we site and follow the ‘Community’ link for area information.

www.mtncom.com/mhfirst/

We are looking forward to having the chance to show off a little ‘Southern Hospitality, Arkansas style’

Contact either Becky at [email protected]
or
Greg at [email protected]

this information is also being posted on the FIRST site under Public Events

Posted by Greg Mills.

Engineer on team #16, Baxter Bomb Squad, from Mountain Home and Baxter Healthcare.

Posted on 4/14/2000 7:46 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Baxter Ozark Mtn. Brawl posted by Greg Mills on 4/14/2000 6:26 AM MST:

: :
:
We haven’t decided on an entry fee yet - it depends on finances. But it will be very low - as low as possible - our target is zero but we need to cover some expenses. We realize that it is expensive to travel and our teams expenses should be equal to or greater than what it costs other teams to get here. All we can say now is that it will be worth it!!

Greg

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from Oakland Technical Center-Northeast Campus and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 4/14/2000 9:43 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Baxter Ozark Mtn. Brawl posted by Greg Mills on 4/14/2000 6:26 AM MST:

Greg-
(yes this is a pointless message)
Bring some bacon and swiss for erin. And I would suggest investing in hot sauce :slight_smile:

-erin

Posted on 4/14/2000 9:39 AM MST

In Reply to: Baxter Ozark Mtn. Brawl posted by Becky Allen on 4/13/2000 8:34 PM MST:

Becky-

Could you please save me a call to Mountain Home info and give me the number? I would appreciate it so much. Thank you for taking the time to keep us all informed!

-erin

Posted by Natalie.

Engineer on team #288, The RoboDawgs, from Grandville High School and X-Rite / Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 4/13/2000 8:56 PM MST

In Reply to: Help! We need info.-IMPORTANT! posted by Erin on 4/13/2000 6:47 PM MST:

: Team #1 is considering going to the WMRC (we will if we can get info and if it isn’t filled!) and the Kokomo Invite, and WE REALLY WANT INFO ON THAT. In case the WMRC is filled, we want the info to the Philly Invite because we will go to that instead. Also I need as much info as possible about the B.O.M.B. & its surrounding area because we are thinking about having a big team camping trip (our teachers also teach environmental geology over the summer- all in the u.p. so they have lots of tents and experience) so, if I could get as much info as possible, I would really be thankful. Please consider taking a few minutes to help me out, PLEASE! Thank you so much fellow FIRST-ers!

: - Erin, Team 1 Juggernauts

Erin,

There is a spot reserved for Team #1 because your team is one of the defending champions. Go to website http://www.hollandfirstrobotics.com/wmri/ and confirm your teams committment to defending your title. See ya May 13th!

Natalie
Team 288 & FIRST / SME committee

Posted by Natalie.

Engineer on team #288, The RoboDawgs, from Grandville High School and X-Rite / Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 4/13/2000 8:56 PM MST

: Team #1 is considering going to the WMRC (we will if we can get info and if it isn’t filled!) and the Kokomo Invite, and WE REALLY WANT INFO ON THAT. In case the WMRC is filled, we want the info to the Philly Invite because we will go to that instead. Also I need as much info as possible about the B.O.M.B. & its surrounding area because we are thinking about having a big team camping trip (our teachers also teach environmental geology over the summer- all in the u.p. so they have lots of tents and experience) so, if I could get as much info as possible, I would really be thankful. Please consider taking a few minutes to help me out, PLEASE! Thank you so much fellow FIRST-ers!

: - Erin, Team 1 Juggernauts

Erin,

There is a spot reserved for Team #1 because your team is one of the defending champions. Go to website http://www.hollandfirstrobotics.com/wmri/ and confirm your teams committment to defending your title. See ya May 13th!

Natalie
Team 288 & FIRST / SME committee

Posted by Ken Patton.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #65, The Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 4/13/2000 9:09 PM MST

We went to the BOMB last year and it was the most relaxing time I ever had at a FIRST competition. We are planning to go again this summer. Its a long drive, but perhaps a few of the Michigan teams can make plans to travel in a group? Last year HOT and us caravanned together.

Ken

Posted on 4/14/2000 9:37 AM MST

In Reply to: do the BOMB Juggy posted by Ken Patton on 4/13/2000 9:09 PM MST:

Hey Ken!

I will bring that up to Mr. McIntyre and Mr. Rice. That sounds like such an awesome idea since our two teams are so close. Do you really think it could happen?

-erin