Help with 2009 wiring/program downloading

1. Im a bit confused about wiring for tethering. Can someone please help me with what plugs into what, also how do you download a wind river program to the crio? How do i wire it up to download a program? Any help would be appreciated.

There are a couple of options and variations (DS-wired, router-wired, router-wireless, cRIO-wired).

At home:
–Your PC is wired to the DS ETH2 port
–Your DS ETH1 port is wired to the router
–The router and bridge talk wirelessly (so the robot can drive around unencumbered by dragging the DS and your PC behind it)
–The Bridge is connected to the cRIO port 1

You can directly tether by eliminating the router & bridge and plugging the DS ETH1 port directly into the cRIO port 1.
You also have the option to program wirelessly if your PC has wireless “N” capability, however, a PC dashboard won’t work.

For Competitions:
On the field:
–Your (optional) PC is wired to the DS ETH2 port
–Your DS is wired to the Field Management System via the Competition Port

In the Pits:
–Your PC is wired to the DS ETH2 port
–Your DS ETH1 port is wired to the cRIO port 1
–The router and bridge talk wirelessly

Thank You so much, i really appreciate the help. one more thing, how do you program wirelessly? Thanks again =]

For detailed instructions on downloading a Wind River program onto the cRIO, see C_Programming_Guide_for_FRC.pdf
Specifically the section Using Wind River Workbench starting on page 85.

To program wirelessly, your PC needs to have a wireless card that is compatible with the latest N-band.
Then just set your IP for the wireless connection as you would for the Local LAN connection when you’re hardwired to the DS.
IP 10.5.22.6 and mask of 255.0.0.0

ah, ok, thank you once again.

If you do not have a wireless card in the Laptop, simply connect the laptop Ethernet port into an unused router port and that will allow you to talk to all of the components in the system without any additional wires.

If you have a wireless card in your laptop, this method will allow wireless internet access from your laptop while still being able to communicate with the robot.