One of our students is trying to port our game into Autodesk synthesis and is running into some trouble. I have no experience with it so am not very much help. He asked me to post this on his behalf:
Our team is trying to use Autodesk’s Synthesis program to recreate our game for the 2021 Game Design Challenge. While I have been able to export the field successfully multiple times, with our game pieces working as dynamic objects, but I haven’t been able to properly set up the dynamic objects as game pieces.
To elaborate, in Autodesk’s tutorial for field exporting (found here: Creating your Own Field with the Synthesis Field Exporter), they have a checkbox in the dynamic section for “game piece” (see image one), but when I use the exporter, that option is not there (see image two).
I have tried the following things to fix this:
- Updating Synthesis and Inventor to the latest versions (Inventor 2020 and Synthesis 4.3.3, from both the Synthesis github page and Autodesk page)
- Went through the tutorial an innumerable amount of times.
- Made sure all of the elements the robot will interact with are on the highest level of the assembly in Inventor.
- Watched the Synthesis tutorial videos (which were outdated) and searched around to see if I could find any other resources.
- Made sure I had a weight input and tried with box, sphere, and mesh colliders.
- I looked at the files of the pre-made fields, and it looks like my exports don’t have the “field_data” xml file, while all of the other games do. This is also where the information about game pieces and robot spawn points is stored. I am not sure how to fix this or why it isn’t making the file.
I feel like there is something very obvious that I am missing, and I appreciate any and all input or help! Thank you!