Help with Inventor Assembling

I am new in Inventor, but already have a very good understanding of the program. I can draw anything I want to, and make everything look great. The only thing I have problems with is assembling.

Attached I have put a picture of part of the ramp I am making for my field in Inventor. I have 3 ipt parts, the 5 long planks, the 2 4ft planks, and the 4 legs. (As you can see in the picture). I need to know how I can successfully place all these parts together in an assembly. I have them all fixed up how I want them to, but I can’t get them all aligned up with the constraints. Is there an easier way to contrain all of the parts?

Is there a way to constrain the 2 pieces at more than 1 point so it isn’t crooked? Any good tips for assembling?

Thanks!

base.jpg

base.jpg

Since i dont have a copy of Inventor in front of me this may be a little vague. One thing it looks like you need to do is the “flush” constrain. It’s under the mate constrain (the clicky box thingy on the bottom right corner), this should help you get them all lined up.

*Originally posted by Clark Gilbert *
**Since i dont have a copy of Inventor in front of me this may be a little vague. One thing it looks like you need to do is the “flush” constrain. It’s under the mate constrain (the clicky box thingy on the bottom right corner), this should help you get them all lined up. **

What he said :slight_smile:

You can use the Mate/Flush constraint, along with an offset, to line everything up properly. Alternately, you can mate three edges and use offset to achieve the same result.

Generally speaking, however, I think you’d have the best results and the least confusion if you mated surfaces rather than edges.

Well “flushing” works perfectly, I was doing everything in “mate” which really can’t have more than 2 things mating to, while “flush” could.

Thanks!

yes and after u finished there is tons more /sarcasm FUN/
assemblies u can do. i built and arbor press and when u turn the handle the press moves…then all the pieces fly off the screen…:frowning: i really think autodesk should change this. btw did u get the copper wire on right thpse tangents are tricky
over and out

matt