I’m in the process of revamping my STEMRobotics site to pull it out of 2007 and move it up a decade.
I went to the Philly Workpress Camp across the weekend and learned lots of great stuff.
What I want to create for my STEMRobotics site (VEX EDR and VIQ)
- Pages that talk about what STEMRobotic is and does. Associated with these pages is blog entries by me about what STEMRobotics is up to.
- Pages that talk about events. I sort of see a Page for IQ, with links to the 2016 season, 2017 season, 2018 season. Each season would have individual events with the details. Blog posts would be attached at the season level vs the event level to bring them up a level.
- Pages that talk about a school/club/library and below that child pages about the teams at that school/club/library. I don’t know if to put a buffer page so you can look at teams by years.
- Blogs posts by the school/Club/Library would be at the upper level, but I’ld like to be able to put links into the lower pages (via shortcodes) so the blogs could be read as a season, buy a team or by the host school.
- The blog posts would require levels of bloggers to be able to post information.
- Pages with tech information that is cross referenced / searchable across the site. I don’t want blog posts here but would be interested in having comments availaible / attached to the tech pages.
7)Lastly, using Woo commerece be able buy componets. But also be able to buy pizza and beverages at the dozen events per year.
If you are a wordpress wiz and can give me direct ways to do some of these things, send me a pnote.