Helping North Carolina Teams Affected with Hurricane Florence

I’m sure many of you know that Hurricane Florence recently hit North Carolina hard with torrential rain and wind which has devastated some teams.

There are 10 high school robotics teams (many young teams) impacted by this storm with flooding:

FRC 3336 Zimanators - Swansboro (Onslow County)
FRC 3661 RoboWolves - Wadesboro (Anson County)
FRC 4534 Wired Wizards - Wilmington (New Hanover County)
FRC 6214 PHEnix - Burgaw (Pender County)
FRC 6512 Robonaurs - Bolivia (Brunswick County)
FRC 6565 Team Bobcat - Arapahoe (Pamlico County)
FRC 6729 RobCoBots - Lumberton (Robeson County)
FRC 7029 Scotbotics - Laurinburg (Scotland County)
FRC 7265 Topsail Pirates - Hampstead (Pender County)
FRC 7270 Patriots - Burgaw (Pender County)

FIRST NC is going to be donating 100% of all donations they receive to help these teams out and if anyone could donate I’m sure they would appreciate.

https://crm.bloomerang.co/HostedDonation?ApiKey=pub_b2aff936-4a54-11e8-94a1-0a7fa948a058&WidgetId=153600

Our team does annual hurricane relief drives for schools- ill pass this on to them.

DONE.

Update: Team 6512 won’t be competing this season as a result of Hurricane Florence

Andymark is also selling some limited time water game shirts with 100% of funds going to the Robot Relief Fund if you’re about water game shirts.

Thanks for any contributions!

http://www.andymark.com/product-p/am-2414.htm

I’m thinking we should do this… When is the deadline for this? And if there are people with cash instead of credit, how should we send it over?

Heads up: AndyMark Water Game shirts are only available through 11:59:59PM on Monday, October 8th.

This feels like a suitable place to announce: This year’s SCRIW Mentor Match will be benefitting the FIRST North Carolina Hurricane Florence Robot Rescue fund.

We put donation buckets at each pit table, and the top six donors will participate in the match (held after finals are done, because since the very first one nobody has wanted to be the mentor that broke the robot just before playoffs). I’ve lost count of the total we’ve raised for different groups over the years, but it’s north of $1,000.

North Carolina teams have always come through big for us down here at SCRIW, so we’re happy to return the favor. :slight_smile: