Here, I brought you a dead thread

Why do auto-closed threads always get “bumped”? Is there some setting I have wrong or is it just a built-in dumbness?

8 Likes

What thread was this? It looks like it was closed by a moderator 1 hour ago, which may have bumped it. The automatic closing shouldn’t bump threads.

It does. All the time.

6 Likes

The moderators used to get these from flags that were closed a year earlier. I don’t remember what we did to get rid of them.

And I don’t remember where they appear - in the “Suggested Topics” section at the bottom of a page?

I’m pretty sure yes for threads. Definite 100% for private messages.

Yes, and yes! This especially shows up when hitting the default page (Unread). Currently, the first twelve topics listed for me are ones I opened years ago and which have been relatively recently closed.

A while back Brandon had suggested to me that I should dismiss all unread threads from that page. If the thread is unread, then closing it bumps it. But if it’s not unread, closing it doesn’t make it unread.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.