hey John w/ Strategic Bible...

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/05/2001 11:36 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

is there anything in that book of yours that we should have done in the finals to take the win from the Nypro alliance?

what does your book say?

-anton

Posted by Matt Ryan at 03/05/2001 4:22 PM EST

Student on team #69, HYPER, from Quincy Public Schools and Gillette.

In Reply to: hey John w/ Strategic Bible…
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/05/2001 11:36 AM EST:

You guys waited too long for those 2 big balls during a match (not you, but one of your allies). The bot that was to balance the goals waited for over 20 seconds for those 2 big balls, missing a BIG time multiplier…one that was ABSOLUTELY VITAL (you guys missed the one that ends at 1:01 remaining). There were little bits here and there where time was wasted, too, nothing major, but it was cumulative.

From my perspective, in the driving box with the NYPRO alliance, you had a chance to steal the win when you guys were about to balance a full goal and an empty one, two big balls on top, all within a minute. Then the two big balls fell off because of an error while balancing.

Whatever people say, the matches were great for both sides.

: is there anything in that book of yours that we should have done in the finals to take the win from the Nypro alliance?

: what does your book say?

: -anton

Posted by JVN at 03/05/2001 6:11 PM EST

Student on team #250, Dynamos - Capital District Robotics Team, from Shenendehowa High School and General Electric and Verizon.

In Reply to: Re: hey John w/ Strategic Bible…
Posted by Matt Ryan on 03/05/2001 4:22 PM EST:

Anton, the only way you could have taken the win was if you duplicated their play (including
the HP balls) and placed 2 big balls on the goals…

You would have had to do all this in under a minute…

OR

A stretched could ahave tipped the scales… but jeez… that would be complicated

~John #250

We loved that Nypro play… it is in our book… green2, blue, grey-grey…haha
anyone understand that? i would hope not

Posted by Stephen Riley at 03/05/2001 7:51 PM EST

Engineer on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Wentworth Institute of Technology and Umass/BCHigh and Mathsoft, Solidworks, and NASA.

In Reply to: magic?
Posted by JVN on 03/05/2001 6:11 PM EST:

i think i kinda understand that, afterall you did show it to me and i do have a somewhat good memory :slight_smile: but anyway good luck in LI and hopefully the coaches will listen to your bible and not be Ninnies, afterall only we can be Ninnies and still do good :slight_smile:

Steve
Head Ninny Under the Super Ninny

Posted by mike oleary at 03/06/2001 10:19 AM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: Re: magic?
Posted by Stephen Riley on 03/05/2001 7:51 PM EST:

go ninnies

: i think i kinda understand that, afterall you did show it to me and i do have a somewhat good memory :slight_smile: but anyway good luck in LI and hopefully the coaches will listen to your bible and not be Ninnies, afterall only we can be Ninnies and still do good :slight_smile:

: Steve
: Head Ninny Under the Super Ninny

Posted by Patrick Canale at 03/05/2001 10:06 PM EST

Student on team #250, Dynamos- Capital District Robotics Team, from Shenendehowa High School and General Electric and Verizon.

In Reply to: hey John w/ Strategic Bible…
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/05/2001 11:36 AM EST:

: is there anything in that book of yours that we should have done in the finals to take the win from the Nypro alliance?

: what does your book say?

: -anton

Why Anton, i’m so flattered that you call it the “Strategic Bible.” We do take pride in it.

-Patrick Team #250