High-school Psychology

After realizing my schedule was messed up when I first got it, I got a new one today…and was wondering something:

Has anyone done high-school psychology (and/or law/society)? I’m curious as to what/how these are.

We have psychology at our school, but it would depend on whether you mean a class that prepares you for the AP Psychology test or just your run-of-the-mill high school psychology class.
Here it seems to be just another one of those classes people take to have a slot in their schedule that isn’t a “real class,” but it’d probably be different if an AP-oriented version were offered.

*Originally posted by srjjs *
**We have psychology at our school, but it would depend on whether you mean a class that prepares you for the AP Psychology test or just your run-of-the-mill high school psychology class.
Here it seems to be just another one of those classes people take to have a slot in their schedule that isn’t a “real class,” but it’d probably be different if an AP-oriented version were offered. **

There’s not much of any AP classes at my high-school. We have English and History which is all I know of.

Thanks though.

yep i’ve take both hs psych and AP psych

well, i took 1/2 year of HS psych.

It was pretty much the same as AP but less work, and stress :rolleyes:

so in another words, you could 1/2 sleep though the class and pass (depending on the teacher) the concepts not that hard…

but AP u gotta stay awake, if you have a good teacher, you don’t have to do the reading. that was the case w/ me, and i passed w/ all As and got exempt from the final

but it differs from person to person.
you should do fine in HS psych though

*Originally posted by Firewolf *
**yep i’ve take both hs psych and AP psych

well, i took 1/2 year of HS psych.

It was pretty much the same as AP but less work, and stress :rolleyes:

so in another words, you could 1/2 sleep though the class and pass (depending on the teacher) the concepts not that hard…

but AP u gotta stay awake, if you have a good teacher, you don’t have to do the reading. that was the case w/ me, and i passed w/ all As and got exempt from the final

but it differs from person to person.
you should do fine in HS psych though **

Sweet! :wink: I only have 1/2 a year of pysch also, but same w/ Law (argh!) Thanks for all the replies :wink: My “councler” (sp?) said that it is a pretty cool class, so I should enjoy it.

*Originally posted by Raven_Writer *
**After realizing my schedule was messed up when I first got it, I got a new one today…and was wondering something:

Has anyone done high-school psychology (and/or law/society)? I’m curious as to what/how these are. **

I did a pyschology class, in preparation for the AP test. (got a 4 on it)

It was fun. We watched Memento to waste class time. We also had Fight Club, Ocean’s 11, and other films in the mix to kill time. Overall a fun class.

I thought psychology was fun, but i didn’t take it in high school, i took it at IRCC for a dual enrollment. but it was kinda hard becuase we had to switch teachers in the middle of the course. our first teacher gave us a new syllabus every night and the second one gave us one syllabus and just left it at that, all he did was change the dates for all the exams. But overall, psychology is a cool class to take, and i suspect the high school class will be a little easier. Good Luck!!!

*Originally posted by Spammy Badame *
**I thought psychology was fun, but i didn’t take it in high school, i took it at IRCC for a dual enrollment. but it was kinda hard becuase we had to switch teachers in the middle of the course. our first teacher gave us a new syllabus every night and the second one gave us one syllabus and just left it at that, all he did was change the dates for all the exams. But overall, psychology is a cool class to take, and i suspect the high school class will be a little easier. Good Luck!!! **

It seems cool, so I think I will enjoy it.

My counselor said it’d be interesting to do, so yea…I think I’ll have fun w/ it. One of my friends has it to (not w/ me though :().