Highlights of the season...

Well, now that the season is over with, for now, i thought that it would be cool to post some of the most distinct memories of the season. Well, they are distinct for me! It would be cool for people to post there top 5 memories or something.

1. Having our design deemed illegal via gm 32 after the robot was shipped.

2. The “gentlemans aggreements” that occured ad the arizona regional and others.

3. The ridiculous paring that was done “at random” at all of the events.

4. Having our big truck TPed by the dukes at nats.

5. Winning the national imagery award!

Post your memories of this season, both good and bad!

1. Having My Autonomous programming beat Baxter’s time up the ramp.

2. Getting shutdown at Nat’s in our last match for going out of bounds.

3. Having Mike our driver almost hit the camera man with our PVC arm at nationals.

4. Throwing everyone in the pool at nationals.

5. Can anyone say bad breakfast (Those of you that stayed at the Radisson Inn Astrodome know what I am talking about)

1. Coming back from GLR after the practice rounds, and on our way back home, our mentors putting on the child locks so we couldnt do chinese fire drills.
  2. Our first time flipping our bot back up with the assistance of our teammates.
  3. The music video from nationals featuring Josh, Dane, Eric, Jimmy and Ms. Rumble dancing to random songs from the competitions (also featuring Josh “dying” at the end of a guitar solo)
  4. The elderly man at Six Flags asking me “Are you with the guy with the hair?”
  5. Running outside after match victories at nationals to do our “Who’s HOT?” cheer.
  6. Cheering with Chief Delphi at WMR.
  7. Josh and Dane screaming out the window to random people on the way to the hotel in Houston.
    Wow, the hardest part of all, narrowing it down to 7!! I was seriously trying for 5, sorry!! :smiley:

1.Being broken 90% of the time at SBPLI
2.Getting picked in the first round despite that :yikes:
3.Getting killed by 25 at Rutgers(3 times!!!)
4.Seeing all 5 BMS teams make it to the qualifying rounds(and three of us being in the same semifinal round)
5.Getting flipped after our partner lost power in Quarter Finals at Rutgers; and then finding out our opponents were DQd

And this wasn’t from the actual season, but that’s ok: Seeing the CEO of BMS flying in on a helicopter just for us, 25, 293, and 1089 at the BMS end of the year thingything.

1. Being seed #5 in the Galileo Division
  2. Being team rep and picking our alliance
  3. Getting a personal tour of team 312’s AMAZING robot (gotta love it)
  4. Getting one last competition with our advisor that left the teamafter 2002
  5. Meeting Andy Baker in person for the first time and he noticed i got a haircut! (new picture will be uploaded soon)
  6. Having teams come over to me at Nationals and pleeding to be picked
  7. Being showed how many spots you broke a teams robot after the match was over :smiley:
  1. Having our bus come an hour late to pick us up from six flags, and and in true tick spirit the guys deciding ‘hey let’s play some ultimate frisbee!’
    2.Winning the Galileo division with Miss Daisy and our best friends BUZZ!
  2. Our close relationship with team 811’s BIRD!
  3. Almost getting kicked out of our hotel in New Hampshire and making friends with some hornets because of another teams phantom runners.
  4. Being alliance partners with said phantom runners.
  5. Having people get scared while learning the tick dance because one if the techers was trying to take pictures unnoticed from behind a tent.
  6. Winning two regionals, a regional chairmans award, galileo divion champs and a regional leadership in controls award!

*Originally posted by SarahB *

3.Getting killed by 25 at Rutgers(3 times!!!)
4.Seeing all 5 BMS teams make it to the qualifying rounds(and three of us being in the same semifinal round)

And this wasn’t from the actual season, but that’s ok: Seeing the CEO of BMS flying in on a helicopter just for us, 25, 293, and 1089 at the BMS end of the year thingything. **

hmm well to start things off,

#10 killing 30 at rutgers (3 times):stuck_out_tongue: sorry i had to :stuck_out_tongue:
#9 Defeting the 4 other BMS teaming in the finals at Rutgers
#8 Learning more from rookies then i have in 4 seasons of comepetition
#7 Baxter Bomb Squad Giving Team 25 the most feared opponent award at Nats
#6 Winning Curie Division
#5 Stacking in the finals of Curie
#4 Telling MOE we stacked, and then watching their jaws drop to the floor and asking YOU CAN DO THAT?!?!?!?
#3 1089 being the only rookie team to make it to the semi finals
#2 Finalists at Nats
and the # 1 Highlight of the 2003 season[edit]BEAR HUGGING ANDY BAKER!!! 2 times at Nationals[/edit]

*Originally posted by “Big Mike” *
**::Finding out that 111 went undefeted through out nats, and loosing only one match to 25, then finding out that we went undefeated through out nats, only to loose one match to 111 **

Mike, hate to burst your bubble, but the #2 seed alliance in Archimedes, 201, 47, and 547, beat 111’s alliance in one of the two matches in the Archimedes finals. Not enough to win by, but it was a win.

greatest moment was watching one of my sister teams go and try to win their division.

Good try 201 and Jeff.

Watching my rookie team excel to the one rank in the Newton division.

Sharing a great time with every one.

i stand corrected :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by “Big Mike” *

hmm well to start things off,

#10 killing 30 at rutgers (3 times):stuck_out_tongue: sorry i had to :stuck_out_tongue:
#9 Defeting the 4 other BMS teaming in the finals at Rutgers

#3 1089 being the only rookie team to make it to the semi finals

You’re so mean!

And you know they could have been the only rookies in the finals too. And they very well could have won too, but no… you just had to take pleasure in destroying us yet again.

And people say I’m mean for being excited when you guys got flipped at PARC :rolleyes:.

*Originally posted by Jeff Waegelin *
**Mike, hate to burst your bubble, but the #2 seed alliance in Archimedes, 201, 47, and 547, beat 111’s alliance in one of the two matches in the Archimedes finals. Not enough to win by, but it was a win. **

And our alliance wasn’t even undefeated when we met up with 201’s alliance. We only won a single “match 2” all the way through Archimedes and through the Einstien finals (against 175 & 236). Winning match 2 just wasn’t part of our strategy. Sorry Mike :cool:

D.J.'s Top 10 List

1. Seeing Batman in Pittsburgh

2. Showing up to the Pittsburgh Regional and our robot was still in St. Louis

3. #3 Seed in the Galileo Division

4. Picking up the nickname “The Role Model”

5. Being the Human Player

6. Finally meeting hockey rival and buddy, Matt Attallah :stuck_out_tongue:

7. Meeting some awesome people such as Woodie Flowers, Dean Kamen, Bob Hammond and the people who post on CD.

8. Meeting, hanging out with, and helping other teams.

9. Winning the Midwest Regional with our crosstown buddies 292.

10. Spending countless hours writing up a nomination for Andy B. for the Woodie Flowers Award, and then him winning :ahh:

*Originally posted by D.J. Fluck *
**D.J.'s Top 10 List

1. Seeing Batman in Pittsburgh

2. Showing up to the Pittsburgh Regional and our robot was still in St. Louis

3. #3 Seed in the Galileo Division

4. Picking up the nickname “The Role Model”

5. Being the Human Player

6. Finally meeting hockey rival and buddy, Matt Attallah :stuck_out_tongue:

7. Meeting some awesome people such as Woodie Flowers, Dean Kamen, Bob Hammond and the people who post on CD.

8. Meeting, hanging out with, and helping other teams.

9. Winning the Midwest Regional with our crosstown buddies 292.

10. Spending countless hours writing up a nomination for Andy B. for the Woodie Flowers Award, and then him winning :ahh: **

yeah, isnt the woody flowers thing an awesome feeling? when dave won, one of the big halls in our town put a sign up on their light-up board that congratulated us. it was sweet!!!

#1. Having our robot fail inspection at the Buckeye Regional after it already passed. (those there might remember having to borrow lexsand, Thanx again team 808)
#2. All of our broken cuplers for our drive tran at the Buckeye Regional
#3. Fliping Delphi Elite over with the assistance of the Canadian team( thanx Canada, HA HA DElphi Elite)
#4. Watching Delphi ELite get fliped over multiple times. (thanx Delphi ELite for the entertainment)
#5. The time when team 27 (RUSH) draged us the ramp by accident
#6. The familiar chaos of changing out a transmisson and motor five minutes before a match.
#7. Kijahfa and the elevator incident
#8. Builidng our OWN robot, not ours being built by our engineers
#9. Being locked out of the College 1 day before shipment, due to inclement weather.

10. Our parts being stolen by the lovely professors at Sinclair Community College. (namely Harold Pearson)

1. When we shoved 1046 off the top off the platform in the last 1.5 seconds of the last match of the LA regional
2. The 696 “Happy Dance” atop the ramp at Phoenix.
3. Shoving a “tote” under the bar and wathcing it explode.
4. Flipping both our opponents in our first qualifier in LA.

1. Making it to the QFs at Midwest Regional.
  2. Blowing a motor, making us veer out of bounds in said Quarterfinal.
  3. Yelling at our programmer countless times, when it turns out the wear of the treads affected our autonomous.
  4. Learning that the team gets lucky when I am struck in the head.
  5. Running into another team at every restaurant we went to at Midwest.
  6. Running into a glass wall at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

That’s all, really.

Ed Debevics in Chicago…Twisted Blizzard Vs. Huskey Brigade

Rock N Roll Hall Of fame,Girl from Columbus School of Girls spits off of the top floor on to a security guard on bottom floor and then sprinting into an exhibit

Buckeye Regional…Having lunch with NASA officials

Buckeye Regional…Having really bad alliance partners…well i cant call them bad…but i can say they didn’t work…5 out of 7 match’s to be exact

Meeting Erin from 128, (b.t.Blitz) in boston while visiting neu, She was a great guide of the city and the college. too bad i am not going there for college…STUPID Tuition…who needs to pay for that…

Building Lego League competition tables and having one almost kill a mentor…sorry again mr.torick

Having 20 middle school kids on a lego league team when there is only supposed to be 10

being a student adviser and having to deal with everything that goes with the job

Human Player!

Building the robot at Columbus State Community COllege when it was closed for a snow day

Being 129.9 pounds at Buckeye regional, then not passing at midwest

Being QF’s at Midwest

Playing on the beach in Chicago in March!

Meeting Andy Baker at Midwest and having him comment on our tote cart.

Planning many community events!

Fourth of July Parade; 6 robot carousel float…mmmmmm, a 30ft tall first logo!

Meeting Erin (blits) in Boston to visit Northeastern, that girl rocks!
having pizza with erin in boston and DJ calls from Indiana and is driving like a mad man

Meeting Anne from OSU/Dublin Robotics, next year will rock!

NEVER GETTING TO RIDE A SEGWAY at Midwest!! ROAR!

HAHAHA…not seeing mark run into a glass wall!

IRI anyone?

Um why is everyone so proud of flipping other robots… I was kinda under the impression that that was bad and we shouldnt be proud of it, but maybe im thinking about FIRST and not Battlebots.

Cory

Um why is everyone so proud of flipping other robots… I was kinda under the impression that that was bad and we shouldnt be proud of it, but maybe im thinking about FIRST and not Battlebots.

You are correct. What happened to gracious profesionlism, we shouldn’t proud of it. But then again it is kinda funny.