hint or am i forgeting somthing..

Posted by Andrew Rudolph at 12/19/2000 9:09 PM EST

Student on team NASA KSC/Michael Krop Senior High School from Michael Krop Senior High School sponsored by NASA Kennedy Space Centre.

Well i was Browseing the innovation first website in the shopping area and i saw this at the botom to buy…

Snap Action 30A auto resettable fuses. These are the same as the ones provided in the kit. Use one of these ccircuit breakers on the input of every Victor 883.

Are they going to put circuit breakers in the kit or am i forgetting somthing?

Andrew

Posted by Joe Johnson at 12/19/2000 10:12 PM EST

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: hint or am i forgeting somthing…
Posted by Andrew Rudolph on 12/19/2000 9:09 PM EST:

There have been Snap Action brand curcuit breakers in the kit for at least the 5 years I have been involved. They are required to be wired in series with every Victor.

The better rumor is one we have not heard much about lately.

I have heard nothing from FIRST on this, but long time Forum users will recall some messages by a gentleman from Bussman or Square D, can’t recall exactly, but he was hinting that FIRST was likely to move away from the 60 Amp main fuse to a circuit breaker of some sort.

Haven’t heard a thing since. Perhaps someone from some nondescript gov’t building somewhere just outside of DC caught up with him?

State Secrets and all… …You can never be too sure :wink:

Joe J.

Posted by Mike Carron at 12/20/2000 11:46 PM EST

Engineer on team #343, Metal In Motion, from Hamilton Career Center and Square D Company.

In Reply to: Forgetting? Perhaps… …or has someone GOTTEN to you?
Posted by Joe Johnson on 12/19/2000 10:12 PM EST:

I really like the self resetting 30A circuit breakers provided with the kit. Let’s hope they are still there! It is Christmas time and I never tell about presents under the tree, but lets just say you better study your characteristic curves boys and girls. Hint-Look at the posting name and industry.

Posted by Raul at 12/21/2000 8:37 AM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

In Reply to: Re: Forgetting? Perhaps… …or has someone GOTTEN to you?
Posted by Mike Carron on 12/20/2000 11:46 PM EST:

What I want most as an upgrade to the kit is a switch/circuit breaker for the main power. It frustrates me every year that we have to pull the 60A fuse to turn off power to the robot. If the circuit breaker is self-reseting, that would be even better - but that may be too much to ask for.

Raul

Posted by Justin Stiltner at 12/21/2000 2:25 PM EST

Student on team #388, Epsilon, from Grundy High School and NASA, American Electric Power, Town of Grundy.

In Reply to: #1 Kit Request
Posted by Raul on 12/21/2000 8:37 AM EST:

: What I want most as an upgrade to the kit is a switch/circuit breaker for the main power. It frustrates me every year that we have to pull the 60A fuse to turn off power to the robot. If the circuit breaker is self-reseting, that would be even better - but that may be too much to ask for.

: Raul

Well as far as the self reseting thing couldent you attach a spring that is strong enough to trip the breaker back and have a motor holding it so when the power shuts off the motor is no longer holding the spring and the spring resets the breaker.???

Brainstorm anybody?
Justin Stiltner
Team #388
Epsilon
Grundy Va,

Posted by Warren Schudy at 1/9/2001 1:38 PM EST

Student on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy and WPI.

In Reply to: Re: #1 Kit Request
Posted by Justin Stiltner on 12/21/2000 2:25 PM EST:

A reseting device could be designed, though it would have to be complicated to push the breaker to the reset position and then back into the go position. I don’t think the main breaker flipping will be a problem however; look at the engineer’s post recently with stats on the supposedly 60 amp breaker.

: Well as far as the self reseting thing couldent you attach a spring that is strong enough to trip the breaker back and have a motor holding it so when the power shuts off the motor is no longer holding the spring and the spring resets the breaker.???