@Home Submission Deadline Extended

Hello,
I just received this team blast First HQ and thought I would share.

DEADLINE EXTENDED! For several hours late on March 3 into early March 4 there were delays in the processing of uploaded files to the Entry Submission System for the FIRST® Robotics Competition At Home Challenges. This delay was caused by an outage with the virus scanning process and functionality has since been fully restored. We apologize to teams impacted by this experience. As a result of this issue, we are extending the deadline for items originally due on March 4, 2021 at 3 p.m. Eastern by 24 hours to March 5, 2021 at 3 p.m. Eastern Time. Please note that this does not affect any other rules, requirements, or procedures. All data must still be entered through the Entry Submission System and submitted (using the “Submit and Lock” button) by the new deadline. Please see section 1.11 of the At Home Challenges Manual for deadlines, noting that any instances of March 4 now reference March 5…

So, does this apply to all @Home challenges? IR@Home, Game Design and Innovation?

1 Like

I’m curious as well. Has anyone reached out to FIRST HQ yet?

Does this also mean that teams who have submitted videos for the autonomous award can resubmit an improved video, even if their submission went through?

If you only saved it, you could, but if you locked it, then it is final. At least how I see it.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s what I figured.

To make anyone feel better, I only could do the auto I wanted last night (Galactic search – since it combines vision + trajectory) and it was an fairly unsuccessful run that was our best run. I had better runs, but messed up the recording part (battery died), so I know it would look better to make a new video but we are locked.

As we talked about in FLL judging prep, “no harm, no foul” for this year, and we’d normally be a little further finishing the robot. We’ll get better the next few weeks, but we’re learning how to do this year. I know it bodes less promising for awards, but we’ll have to see how the group is and how they present to the judges.

1 Like

In the blast, they said…
Please review the following options based on the status of your entries:

• If you have not yet submitted and locked your entry, please return to the Entry Submission System and update your entry at your convenience. Be sure to click “Submit and Lock” by the new deadline!
  • If you submitted and locked your entry prior to the start of yesterday’s issue, there is no impact and no action required
  • If you submitted and locked your entry since the start of yesterday’s issue but left off one or more optional attachments, you may optionally send us those attachments for manual processing. Please note that this applies only to optional fields that do not currently contain a file. Any required fields would have needed to be filled out prior to submitting and locking your entry. If you would like to supply an attachment for an optional field, send an email with your attachment to [email protected] and specify your team number, access code, which competition the attachment goes with and which question. Please use the subject line “Manual Attachment – Team (your team number)”

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

So, adding an addendum may be a possibility depending on your situation.

I called team support just to verify, and they said that when they say “At Home Challenges” they refer to all three IR@home, Game Design, and Innovation. In case anyone wants to make sure.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.