Hot Dog

Ok, so here is the deal, my sister and I kept fighting on which is the best for a hot dog. So I want to poll you guys on your preferences. This is kinda lame I’m sure, but bare with me please. CD Admin, If you feel this is too inapropriate, then go ahead and delete this.

Your choices are:
Ketchup
Mustard
Sour Crout
Relish

I will try to set this up as a poll, but don’t count on anything too impressive as I am still kinda new to this.

Bring on the yellow stuff! One vote for Mustard!! :]

Chili
Shredded Cheese
onions
mustard

Chili and Cheese.

Where is the plain? I cannot stand any condiments on my hot dogs… minus cheese and chili. Hey wait forget plain, where is cheese and chili?

Relish + Onions + Mustard

Whats funny is i just had that for lunch today.

If chili present, it wins.
Otherwise straight up ketchup.

• first you spread mayonnaise on the left side hotdog bun
  • then you spread mustard (spicey mustard is good, too) on the right side hotdog bun
  • then you put the grilled hot dog, blackened, in the middle, tucking it in on both side with 3 heaping teaspoonfuls of sweet relish on either side (6 tsp. total)
    -followed by a squiggle of ketchup from one end of the hotdog to the other in the s squiggle
  • sweet onions coarsely chopped and sprinkled over the ketchup squiggle
  • tuck in your napkin, grab your Diet Coke, and you are good to go.

That’s a Texas FIRST Tailgate recipe right there!

I prefer Dijon, Honey, and Yellow Mustards plus relish and a sprinkle of onion. If the dog is split open, then I’ll fill the slit with Ketchup, but only if it’s split.

Sounds like some strict religious ceremony

If we ever have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich thread, I’ll walk you through those steps, too. :smiley:

I haven’t heard of anyone putting sauerkraut on hot dogs

Must not be a very New England thing to do.

mm cheese .

but as of the choices, ketchuup. im not a mustard fan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheese.

Raisins.

-dave

Barbecue sauce is awesome on hot dogs. I also like freshly diced tomatoes and onion on top, with a lightly toasted sesame seed bun. Yummy! :smiley:

Grilled Mushrooms & Onions named the Portugese Dog at a local place here called Frankies. Best place to get Hot Dogs ever. ever.

But for this poll, I went with the traditional Ketchup and Relish.

Actually it is more of a German thing to do. I would know since I am part German. Try it sometime, it is REAL good!

Also, sorry to everybody as I did spell the kraut wrong.

I’ve always been told it’s wrong to put ketchup on hot dogs…

But I do it anyway.

Ketchup, and Sour Kraut for me.

And, any one else like dirty water hot dogs?

When you go to Teds Hotdog stand in buffalo (they have been in business since the 1920’s) I always get a footlong with everything on it:

Catsup, Mustard, onions, sliced dill pickles, sweet pickle relish, and their hot sauce, which is sorta like a sweet hot salsa

and you gotta get a chocolate shake to warsh it down!

Fortuantely you dont have to remember all that, you just say “EVERYTHING!”