How cool would it be???

Posted by Tom at 1/9/2001 2:16 PM EST

Other on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High School and NYPRO.

This was just a thought…How cool would this years challenge (I wont call it a game)be if it was a two on two matchup like in years past. Think of the strategies that would need to be developed, and the mechanisms designed to go over the bar in the middle. I would be “fan”-tastic. I know what dean is trying to promote but it would truly have been an outstanding 10th anniversary competition.

Tom

Posted by colleen – T190 at 1/9/2001 8:03 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

In Reply to: How cool would it be???
Posted by Tom on 1/9/2001 2:16 PM EST:

Hey Tom–

I definitely think this game would be AWESOME if it was kept virtually the same but just made it two-on-two (or even 3-on-3)… Imagine the craziness… whatif we even went back to “everyone for themselves”

Hey, you keep the “working together” cause the only points different are the big balls… but it would jsut give at least a little aspect of “cempetition”

my thoughts

Posted by Jon - T190 at 1/10/2001 12:10 AM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

In Reply to: Very
Posted by colleen – T190 on 1/9/2001 8:03 PM EST:

One word…
Postseason

One Event…
BattleCry 2: This isn’t your father’s FIRST

(this is almost a rumor post, but it fits in this thread so here it is. like the informal contests we do at national every year like the drag races and whatnot… we could try it just for fun :slight_smile:

Be positive people… we’re still the same ol’ bunch… we’ll make fun if we can’t find any.

Posted by Michael Martus at 1/10/2001 7:18 PM EST

Coach on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central H.S. and Delphi Automotives Systems.

In Reply to: How cool would it be???
Posted by Tom on 1/9/2001 2:16 PM EST:

I have suggested this to severa teams that run post season competitions. They like the idea.