How Dean Kamen's Magical Water Machine Could Save the World--from Esquire Magazine

Esquire Magazine has an in-depth profile of Dean Kamen. The article is titled “How Dean Kamen’s Magical Water Machine Could Save the World.” The intro to the article says “The inventor of the Segway and more now has an idea worth tens of millions of lives. But no one cares. Tracking Lord Dumpling’s genius on his seceded island of geekery.”

Interesting article. Except, in all the time that I have known him, I have never heard anyone refer to Dean Kamen as “Dumpy.” I don’t think that even Libby could get away with that!

-dave

Wow! this is the most amazing thing I’ve heard about since the robotic arm Kamen showed us at last years regionals. That man is amazing, can’'t wait to see what he comes up with next

I can’t imagine who would call Dean Kamen “Dumpie.”

My favorite part of the Esquire article is the (partial) listing of inventions that “could literally change the world, if he could only get the *d**n world *to cooperate.” That’s the Dean Kamen we know and love.

Or perhaps what he chooses to reveal next.

There’s probably always something that he is coming up with - it is his nature. Perhaps choosing what project, idea, or effort to pursue with regard to impact, financial constraints, feasibility, etc. is where it gets tough and at the same time, fun.

In my way of thinking, that is why he created FIRST - so that many others would be inspired to pursue and create changes that hold such promise and have such a positive impact on communities and environments.

true, I would be shocked if he didn’t already have several ideas and inventions he just hasn’t shown us yet. And FIRST was started to get young people interested in technology and inventing to, and it seems to have worked, it certainly got me interested.