How Did You Get Your Sponsor?

Hey everybody, how did you end up with sponsors? I mean, did you go to them or did they go to you? How much money do they give you? Please respond!

Both teams I’m a part of have searched and searched and searched. We got NASA, VBEP, and a personal donation and we don’t have enough. Something like $7000 total. The other team has a NASA grant that pays for registration, and we’re trying hard for anything more…

The economy has been hit hard. We had a promise for 20 grand and we’re not getting a penny. It’s a b**** around here in South West Virginia.

Team 86 has gotten sponsorship from multiple sources. Our “lead geek” as we call him, works for JEA (Jax electric) and near their orp offices is SALLY robotics. Thy have each given us a small donation. Vistakon has also contributed a small amount to our team as well as local grocery stores and other places. We are still searcing for more money though. I think we have covered costs for entry fees and a bit of our building materials so if we can come up with a bit more money we should be all set. I have heard rumors about NASA being involved with our team but I don’t know for sure.

We have Dave. With Dave comes NASA, whether it wants to or not. :wink:

Every single member of the Sea Dawgs has taken it upon themselves to personally whore their bodies to any and all large companies withing a 50 mile radius of Lincoln High School…

:smiley:
joking…

*Originally posted by Wetzel *
**We have Dave. With Dave comes NASA, whether it wants to or not. :wink: **

HEHE! Dave is great, and he takes/plays a joke well too. I can only imagine what it’s like to work with him on FIRST stuff… must be great.

*Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan *
HEHE! Dave is great, and he takes/plays a joke well too. I can only imagine what it’s like to work with him on FIRST stuff… must be great. **

Yeah, a lot of fun…or frightening. I’m not sure which. Just kidding…I know he’d wow me with something. Always does. He’s gotta stop spilling the beans when it comes to us guys eating a gallon of chocolate ice cream while watching Oprah. Come on Dave…:smiley:

Dave is only frightning when you are goofing off when there is work that needs to be done.:eek:
Otherwise, he can be quite amusing.:smiley: