How do I go about installing grip on the raspberry pi 2?

To start off here are the specs of the situation:
-GRIP 1.3.0rev2
-JDK1.8.0_73 (on the Pi, u74 on my laptop)
-OpenCV has been compiled and installed
-Python 2.7
-Python 3.4
-FFMPEG

Supposedly GRIP requires OpenCV or some other libraries not mentioned on GitHub, but every time we try to run GRIP on the raspberry pi we get a missing ntcore error from GRIP during initialization (about 20-30 seconds into the starting process).

Any steps on how other teams managed to install GRIP to their pi could benefit us, as GitHub has not been very successful for us.

Thanks, ahead of time.

Have you tried asking around the gitter chat? I don’t personally know the answer, but a lot of people have had pi-related problems solved there.

I did find out how to get opencv installed on my raspberry pi, but I’m receving a new error - I will head over to the gitter chat after this post.

My fix to install OpenCV: “sudo apt-get install libopencv-dev”

New issue:
Mar 13, 2016 10:17:50 PM java.util.logging.LogManager$RootLogger log
CONFIG: Configuration done.
Mar 13, 2016 10:17:51 PM java.util.logging.LogManager$RootLogger log
CONFIG: GRIP Version: 1.3.0-rc2
platform: /Linux/arm/

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

SIGILL (0x4) at pc=0xabc5de18, pid=8385, tid=3056665696

JRE version: Java™ SE Runtime Environment (8.0_73-b02) (build 1.8.0_73-b02)

Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (25.73-b02 mixed mode linux-arm )

Problematic frame:

C [libstdc++.so.6+0x6ce18]

Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try “ulimit -c unlimited” before starting Java again

An error report file with more information is saved as:

/home/pi/vision/grip/hs_err_pid8385.log

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

Aborted

I guess there is an issue with the libstdc++.so.6 with the current grip 1.3.0rc2 version or something. Also, it’s straight out of jdk 8 throwing this exception specifically. --To Gitter!

Note: I will continue the updates on this thread as my problems are resolved, cheers!

I just got it working but I’m no expert. I started over and followed the wiki step by step. I installed the mjpg streamer and use a lifecam usb camera. I made sure to use only grip 1.2.0 version program and jar files. I made sure the deploy directory was /home/pi/code/grip and that I created that directory before deploying it.