How do I progam my intake of the robot go faster to make the object go farther with labview

Hello to anyone that can help can any one help me out with programing my intake of the robot go faster to make the object go farther with labview when I ran the code the the object didn’t went very far so if anyone can help that would be great.

1 Like

When you say object, are you referring to cargo?
Do you know what velocity / power setpoint you have programmed your intake to go? You can set a speed from -1 to 1 to pick how fast to spin your wheels.
If you are already using the maximum value, your team will need to make mechanical modifications such as applying more compression or changing your gear reduction in your intake wheels

Okay would something like this

Make the intake go fast and the object I am trying to shoot is a ball and the Intake is down below.

It looks like you are setting the motors to maximum power (-1), which means you will need to make some mechanical modifications to shoot farther.
What motor and gear reduction are you using? How much compression does your wheel have against the ball when it touches the wheel?

I just set it the maximum power orgiginally it was like this

And the motors we are using is 5 sparks, 4 for the drivetrain, and 1 for the intake and 1 spark maxs for the arm and this is what robot we build we move the intake roll things down so that the ball be able to shot out. Copy of 2022 Everybot UMich Edition.pdf (36.3 MB)

I’d suggest using button control to get maximum speed out of your intake.
Using it with a joystick will be slower to ramp up to max speed.
You may still need to change your gearing to get even more speed out of the motor.

Something like this for example (right-click and save this image, then drag it into your block diagram):
Control Motor by Button

Sparks / Spark MAX are the speed controllers, not the motors. Why type of motor are you using on your intake? Different motors have different RPMs and torque values, so you will need to pick the correct motor and gear reduction for this application. It sounds like you are convinced that a faster RPM will do the trick here, but if you;re using, say, a MiniCIM, you may need to switch to a more powerful motor (like a 775Pro) to get the additional RPM you’re looking for. Also, the RPM may not be the problem, but it’s possible the motor is slowing down when a ball contacts it – if this is the case, adding a reduction will actually help since it will prevent motor stall

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.