How do they do that!?!

Posted by colleen - T190 at 03/24/2001 5:16 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

Cheesy Poofs…

wow…

they balance like nothing… literally-- is that skill? autobalance? gyro?? How do you do that?

impressive… i believe that’s regional win #6 or something??

Good Job… I can only hope you are our partners at nationals!! :slight_smile:

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/24/2001 6:56 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: How do they do that!?!
Posted by colleen - T190 on 03/24/2001 5:16 PM EST:

Yes, I agree, they are amazing…they are a truly blessed team. Everyone affiliated must be proud; the school, the community, their sponsors.

One must wonder what problems a team as successful must face. Best of luck at Nationals.

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Ken Leung at 03/24/2001 7:49 PM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

Believe it or not, they balance so well because on their Driver, Jay…

We all call him “Gyro” Jay… He is just so good…

It will be their fifth regional champion…

Posted by Steve Kyramarios at 03/24/2001 8:30 PM EST

Engineer on team #254, The Cheesy Poofs, from Bellarmine College Preparatory and NASA Ames/Cypress Semiconductor/Unity Care Group.

How do we do that??? well, we don’t do it alone. We do it with the help of very talented alliance partners. We have been fortunate enough to compete with many outstanding partners over the years. I believe the most important attribute of our alliances is “team work”.

A prime example of this is team 256 (Willow Glen HS). They have an outstanding robot and was able to seed number 5 at the conclusion of the Silcon Valley Regional. However, they are a robot, like us, that needs to cross the field via the bridge. Our other three alliance partners, Kingman HS (#60), Waialua(#359), and Waipahu(#636), were limbo bots. To reduce the risk of dislodging the bridge, team 256 volunteered to sit out the final matches. It is teams like this that we have had the opportunity to play with.

So, thank you all for noticing our accomplishments, but please remember that we have had much help from many teams around the country.

Congratulations once again to the best arm team in the country (Ford Kingman HS), the outstanding limbo bots from Hawaii and Willow Glen for their lessons in team work.

See ya’ll in Florida.