How do we get the spike in both directions in labview?

Yeah,we are from team 3475,we’re also rookies and we have no idea how to make the spike relay go in both directions. Well what I mean is that when we program it to go one direction it doesn’t go in the other, all we are getting are jolts from the window motors we are using.

Please if there is any one that can help please reply, we are in desperate need.

Sincerely team 3475 programmer,
Takeshita Green

Assuming you are talking about running the motor off a Spike relay.

Use the Relay Set enumerated input:

• Forward - one direction
  • Reverse - the opposite direction
    *]Off - stop moving

Yes we have already done that and the problem still continues. We have checked our teleop vi many times and have tried different things to get both reverse and forward reactions,but it still continues to go in one direction.
Could the problem be a default setting somewhere in the programming?

It’s easy to tell if it’s programming vs electrical in nature.
There are Relay status LEDs (a red/green for each Relay) on the Digital Sidecar that tell you exactly what the code is commanding.
It doesn’t matter if the Spike is attached or not.

If your code is working correctly to command Forward and Reverse, then the Relay LED for the proper Relay will show:

• Off = both LEDs off (dark)
  • On = both LEDs on (red & green), not used for motors
  • Forward = green LED lit
    *]Reverse = red LED lit

If you have isolated it to a programming issue can you post your code?

Yes I am aware about the led light signals on the digital sidecar but even so when one light is constant the other one flickers on and off constantly and will every once in a while the motor will react in reverse.

That sounds very much like your programming is trying to do two contradictory things at the same time. It’s time for you to show us your code so we can point out where it can be improved.

Yes I am aware about the led light signals on the digital sidecar but even so when one light is constant the other one flickers on and off constantly and will every once in a while the motor will react in reverse.

http:/team358.org/files/…/Pneumatics-StepByStep-cRIOversion.docYeah here are three images of our Begin, Teleop, Finish VIs

That example is for a pneumatic single solenoid connected via a Relay, not for a motor.

Then how would we do it for a motor because I don’t have anything else to base the programing off of.

Look at Team 358’s page for helpful examples: http://team358.org/files/programming/ControlSystem2009-/LabVIEW/

Hi,

I’m with problems in my labview program.

The tank drive and the compressor run normally, but the relay and the solenoid is not running.

Can you help me, part of my program is below.

finish.JPG

finish.JPG

In Teleop, you have spelled the ref nums for the solenoids differently (first letter not capitalized).

Also,
-The Compressor requires a Digital Input for the Pressure Switch.
-The Set Relay for “braco” requires an enumerated constant, not a number. Enumerated constants evaluate to numbers but this is bad practice. This is why you see the red dot on the Set Relay, the .vi is basically doing implicit datatyping, i.e. it sees a datatype it doesn’t expect but it can deal with it.
-I don’t know what the purpose of your solenoids is, but if these go to a single double-acting solenoid then you have the possibility of both being turned on at the same time, which is probably not what you want. Instead, you could put both Solenoid Sets in your case statement.

ok…

thank you.

i installed the drive station update and the labview 3.2 update.
now when i deploy the code , show the message “Failed to conect the Real Time target”

do you know what i can make, can you help me?

thank you

HELP me

what is this message “Failed to conect the Real Time target” ??

It simply means communication between the cRio and the PC is down. Try resetting the cRio. Also check your IP addresses. Another issue may be that you may need to reimage your cRio if the firmware has been updated.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Now my robot is running!!!

THANK YOU…

So, what did you do exactly?