How do you use RoboEMU?

I’m probably pretty stupid, but I can’t figure out how you use roboEMU, or at least to provide input to it.

I see in the advanced menu the option to bind joysticks. Is this the only way to provide input? I don’t own any joysticks.

It also appears that the only way to see output is through the debug statements.

I guess that I was imagining a full GUI, which would let you set the states of each input, and see each output (as based on the serin and serout commands).

you dont need any joysticks or parts of a control system to use the RoboEmu.

You have to go to “FILE” then “OPEN FILES”. then use the browse button that pops up to find the file of your PBASIC program.

Once you do that go to “EMULATION” and click on begin.

On the Inputs window:
You then control the joysticks (green squares with dots in the middle) by clicking on the central dot and moving it. You can activate OI switches for the OI ports by clicking the box next to the switch you want. You do the same with the RC digital senors.
For the analog senors you move the slider for that sensor.

On the Outputs Window:
the green/ red lights next to eac Relay name indicate whether tht relay is running forward, reverse, or off. The bars next to the PWM names indicate the output level of that PWM.

hope this helps.

if you are still confused ask rob bayer

*Originally posted by Foley350 *
You have to go to “FILE” then “OPEN FILES”. then use the browse button that pops up to find the file of your PBASIC program.

Once you do that go to “EMULATION” and click on begin.

I have done this, however, I don’t see my code anywhere, and I don’t see and inputs or outputs or anything of the sort. All I have on my screen is the debug window and a small window with the 4 menus (file, emulation, advanced, and help).

It does this with my own program, as well as both the pbasic 2 and 2.5 versions of the default program.

what you describe with the inputs and outputs is what I expected to see (see the last line of my first message) but for whatever reason, I’m not seeing it.

you only have 2 windows?

you should have 4
the one with the menus
debug
inputs
outputs

note: you dont see your actual program code.

i would go to www.robbayer.com go to the software section and download the emulator again. Try and see if the freshly downloaded one has problems. If it sill has problems then contact rob bayer (chief delpi user name rbayer to private message him) about it.

It should look like the attached image if everything is working properly. What OS are you using?

Yeah, I just got it working on my laptop, and got a screen very much like the screenshot that Rob posted.

Now, for the team’s laptop which doesn’t work:

It is a dell latitude, p4 2ghz, 512mb ram. Windows 2000, SP3. It is the company’s laptop, and is joined to thier domain (not that it makes any difference). we log in as a normal user (no admistrative rights). I’m trying to figure out what else might make any difference.

It did work on my laptop, which is windows 2000, sp2, with a normal user.

Both version 1.09 and 1.10 do this.

The two windows that you don’t have (Inputs and Outputs) both use ActiveX controls for the graphical things. Is it possible that ActiveX is disabled?

*Originally posted by rbayer *
**The two windows that you don’t have (Inputs and Outputs) both use ActiveX controls for the graphical things. Is it possible that ActiveX is disabled? **

It’s definetly possible. The question is, how do you find out without administrative rights?

Edit: is it bad when wine runs something better then windows does? :wink: