[How I Work] - Ryan Dognaux FRC 4329

Ryan Dognaux - This is How I Work

This month we’re featuring the life of Ryan Dognaux, a mentor from FRC team 4329 who was previously on FRC teams 234 and 1646. Ryan Dognaux joined an FLL team when he was in middle school and went on to FRC from there. He then set off to improve his team’s scouting system. He is also an amazing MC and MC’s at many events including VEX worlds. Ryan Dognaux is a hard working mentor who strives to do the best for his team and spends most of his time helping his students to CAD and fabricate parts for the robot. If you want a more in depth look at his stories and advice, keep reading to see how amazing our FRC mentors are!

PDF of the articles can be found here.

Thank you Ryan Doganux for giving us insight in your story and all your great advice.

If you would like to be featured in our How I Work articles please contact [email protected].

I’m really happy to see Ryan get a piece in How I Work. I’ve had the pleasure of working with him since around 2011/2012 when he was a part of 357. This guy is one of the kindest and closest friends I have through FRC, and he is definitely a highly effective mentor to his students. He’s also a pretty darn great MC/Game Announcer for VEX and FRC! Just a super friendly mentor who works really hard for his team.

Worked with him on 1646. He’s pretty good I guess…lol

Great read!

Have to agree with Akash on this one. I had a chance to meet Ryan at VEX Worlds this year and I have to say his passion for robotics and was evident. Glad to see him spotlighted like this, it is good to see an awesome story like his shared.

1 Like

Ryan,

Great job man. Keep up the good work. Hope 4329 has a great off-season.

Having known Ryan for the better part of 15 years, it’s great to see him getting some spotlight. He’s a great person and a fantastic MC. It was a pleasure working with him at Boilermaker those first few years. We miss having you in IN.

Keep up the great work! Hope to see you at IRI!

That’s cool to see. I am on team 234 and I’m working to improve our scouting at events and technology. This might be my future. It’s cool to see someone that is similar to me :slight_smile:

I’ve know Ryan for awhile, in many ways–we were students on 234 together, in Purdue FIRST Programs together, and we had a scouting collaboration together at the DC regional when I was on 1747 and he was on 357. He’s a pretty cool dude. The amount he is willing to share with the community is also amazing–he posts a ton to Facebook about all the activities 4329 is doing.

I’m always happy and pleased to see the accomplishments of Collin Fultz, Brant Bowen, Ryan, and others who are alumni from 234–it speaks to the strength of the program they have built there.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words from everyone. This community is filled with great people and I’m just happy to be a part of it.

No IRI for me this year; my wife and I are expecting our first child right around that time :slight_smile:

Way to go Dognut :slight_smile: