How many robots can start of level 2?

At the start of the game, robots can start on level 1 or 2 in the hab zone. Level 1 = 3 pts(if you cross the hab zone line) and Level 2 = 6 pts. Is it possible for all 3 (your robot and your alliance robots) robots to start on level 2 for a total of 18 pts?

Looking at the field drawings, the platforms for levels 2 and 3 aren’t big enough for anymore than 1 robot to sit on. So I don’t think it’s possible to get 18 points to start the match

Copied directly from the manual, page 39 section 5.1.2 “Robots”: Teams stage their ROBOT on their HAB PLATFORM such that it is fully and only supported by HAB PLATFORM Levels 1 or 2.

So theoretically it would be possible, but the platforms aren’t large enough for all three robots, let alone two to fit well enough to not fall off.

I agree, I believe it is a maximum of 15 points from the HAB Platform in the sandstorm. 6 for each level 2 platform, equaling 12, and then plus 3 for the other robot starting on level 1. So, 15.

Fortunately there’s no rule requiring you to build to the maximum frame perimeter

2 Likes

Nor is there any rule that defines the minimum length/width or the shape of your frame perimeter.

No rule, but there are pracictcal limitations…

1 Like