How many teams..

Posted by Sean Kim, Student on team #115 from Monta Vista High School and NASA Ames.

Posted on 5/2/99 1:24 AM MST

Hey~
My account got deleted. Coudn’t post anything…
Oh, well.

I was just wondering how many teams are represented here in the forum…
Can we count?

kison

Posted by Mike Kulibaba, Student on team #88, TJ², from Bridgewater-Raynham Regional and Johnson and Johnson.

Posted on 5/2/99 1:38 PM MST

In Reply to: How many teams… posted by Sean Kim on 5/2/99 1:24 AM MST:

Sean,

This is a very good question. I’m from Team 88, TJ². I’d probably say there are about 50 teams that write stuff on her every know and then

Mike Kulibaba

Posted by Kate Leach, Student on team #166, Team Merrimack, from Merrimack High School and Unitrode / RS Machines.

Posted on 5/2/99 6:43 PM MST

With Brandon being Mr. Webmaster and all, I’m just guessing that there might be an easier way for him to figure out how many teams are represented here… Though I could be wrong, but that’d be cool if Brandon would try hooking us up with an answer or roundabout number… :wink:

-KATe-

Posted by Joe Johnson, Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 5/2/99 7:13 PM MST

In Reply to: Brandon, you know?? posted by Kate Leach on 5/2/99 6:43 PM MST:

You took the question right out of my mind.

It was thinking about this that lead me to ask Brandon if he could make us a ‘snap poll’ feature that would allow us to poll the users of these forums on topics of interest.

With a poll, you have to post results, so the number teams voting gets to be important.

Anyway, Brandon has told me he’s ‘working on it’ which in Brandonspeak means it is about 95% done.

So…

Look for snap polls on ChiefDelphi.com soon. And, as a free bonus, you’ll get stats on who’s on these forums.

Joe J.

Posted by Brandon Martus, Other on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 5/2/99 8:30 PM MST

In Reply to: Working on it… posted by Joe Johnson on 5/2/99 7:13 PM MST:

um…
yea
its not quite 95% done…
more like almost 50% …
with finals finishing last week, and some more added special features,
its pushed the initial release date back a few days…

wow - i sound professional or something … hahah

so, yea - stay tuned like you junkies aren’t gonna be here every day anyway :slight_smile: ]

Brandon.

: You took the question right out of my mind.

: It was thinking about this that lead me to ask Brandon if he could make us a ‘snap poll’ feature that would allow us to poll the users of these forums on topics of interest.

: With a poll, you have to post results, so the number teams voting gets to be important.

: Anyway, Brandon has told me he’s ‘working on it’ which in Brandonspeak means it is about 95% done.

: So…

: Look for snap polls on ChiefDelphi.com soon. And, as a free bonus, you’ll get stats on who’s on these forums.

: Joe J.

Posted by Sean Kim, Student on team #115 from Monta Vista High School and NASA Ames.

Posted on 5/3/99 1:17 PM MST

Hey. WHile you are working on that snapp poll thingy.
cahn we change the format of the forum a little bit?

is there anyway you can make cookies so that i know which ones i have read?
i keep reading the same posts again and again cuz i forget the fact that i read the post.

maybe i should stop writing these in the forum.
who do i need to e-mail when i have suggestions?

kison

Posted by Brandon Martus, Other on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 5/3/99 2:04 PM MST

In Reply to: how about this? posted by Sean Kim on 5/3/99 1:17 PM MST:

E-mail me [email protected] ] when u have suggestions…but dont hesistate to post them
so people can comment on them.

as to the request for a cookie –

your browser should, after you view a message, change the link color…
for example : on mine (IE 5.0) the links change from blue to purple…
and then i know which ones i’ve viewed because the links to them are purple.

Brandon.

: Hey. WHile you are working on that snapp poll thingy.
: cahn we change the format of the forum a little bit?

: is there anyway you can make cookies so that i know which ones i have read?
: i keep reading the same posts again and again cuz i forget the fact that i read the post.

: maybe i should stop writing these in the forum.
: who do i need to e-mail when i have suggestions?

: kison

Posted by Joe Ross, Student on team #330, Beach Bot II, from Hope Chapel Academy and NASA/JPL, NASA ARC.

Posted on 5/5/99 5:12 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: how about this? posted by Brandon Martus on 5/3/99 2:04 PM MST:

Your example works fine if you always use the same computer to access the internet. I use 3 different ones to get to the web boards. It would be nice if there was some way to tie the read messages to the usernames.

Joe Ross
Team 330

: E-mail me [email protected] ] when u have suggestions…but dont hesistate to post them
: so people can comment on them.

: as to the request for a cookie –

: your browser should, after you view a message, change the link color…
: for example : on mine (IE 5.0) the links change from blue to purple…
: and then i know which ones i’ve viewed because the links to them are purple.

: Brandon.

Posted on 5/3/99 2:19 PM MST

Forum Stats are up.
They tell the following info:

How many Teams post on these forum.
How many Users there are.
How many ‘Engineers’, ‘Students’, ‘Coaches’, and ‘Others’.

There is also a link to a breakdown by team on that page too.

Ch

eck them out. (link on the Main Forum page…and theres a link below)

Brandon

: I was just wondering how many teams are represented here in the forum…
: Can we count?

: kison