How to change the date format used ?

Hi

I have just registered today.

I have managed to set the time zone for New Zealand all right.
But I don’t know how to change the date format used when viewing forums / posts.

At the moment it shows in American format mm-dd-yyyy but I would like to change it to NZ format dd-mm-yyyy. I can live with it the way it is but it makes me go slightly cross eyed :slight_smile: so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brent

I don’t think there is currently a way to do that. Brandon, can that be fixed?

I’d also like the option to set all dates to DD-MM-YYYY and all times to a 24-hour format.

It just so much more logical and easier to use; kind of like metric. :wink:

There is a way to get both … 24-hr clock and dd-mm-YYYY

User CP -> Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options (waaaaaaaay at the bottom).

Select “24-hour” as the Forum Language.

DISCLAIMER: 99.9% of the users use the 12-hour version, so things may be “weird”, especially in the custom stuff, since I may not have used all of the formatting properly throughout the features (CD-Media, CD-Events, etc.).

Brandon thanks for that.

I have changed the format to 24 hour and it has made things a lot easier:) :slight_smile: .

Brent

So how about YYYY-Mmm-dd? As in 2008-Sep-04 – ever-so-much-more logical and more-better easier to use. You’d think in this day and age we could get computers to organize dates by actual month names instead of silly numbers. Who’s controlling who? You’d think we’re still in the 20th century and fearing Y2K.

I still get lost around April or May what number month it is. Takes me to (counts on fingers) October to get back in sync. Grumble grumble…

Thanks Brandon. Everything seems fine so far across the website.

I’m just curious why the developers for vBulletin put that option under Misc and not under the Date and Time section right above it…

Technically its not 12 hr and 24 hr … those are names I gave them. What we’re using is the multiple language feature – I just duplicated the US English language and changed some of the localization settings [date/time format].

Doesn’t the little pulldown menu at the bottom of each page do the same thing? “-- English (12 hour)” vs “-- English (24 hour)”. It seems to change the day/month order but my head hurts trying to figure out which way I’m supposed to read it – 16-12-2007? Is that Hextober 12th?

Don’t mind me – I got confused when they switched from BC year counting to AD. :smiley:

Yep – I forgot it was down there, too.