How to get a sponsorship from IFI (Innovation First International)?

How would one get a sponsorship from IFI? I know 254, 148, and all the “legendary” teams have those sponsors, and as a dedicated member of my team’s finances team, I’d like to know how or what the criteria is for such a sponsorship. Thanks for all your help!

If you have to ask, you probably already dont meet them.

Focus on companies you already have connections to (if a students family works there, thats already a connection.)

39 Likes

You need to have a mentor who works at IFI

1 Like

I’d start by averaging 3+ blue banners a season

32 Likes

Its also probably a good idea to throw in a couple of Einstein runs and a few world champs wins in there as well along with the 3+ blue banners a season.

14 Likes

Don’t forget the cure cancer aspect or it’s gonna be impossible

5 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

I know I know. Sorry 3310, :heart: yall.

8 Likes

Alright jigs up snack smuggler put your hands up in the air!

I’ve given up that life, I’m clean now

7 Likes

I also hear that if your head mentor is the president of vex robotics, you’ve got a pretty good shot of being part of #TeamIFI.

21 Likes

Jokes aside about world champs wins… blue banner count/average is actually really important to draw big sponsorships. With all combined IFI teams, I believe the total blue banner count is around 330

14 Likes

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

27 Likes

That’s why we’re broke. I’m the only student on my team whose parents own a place.

1 Like

Wow Gio… just wow, not cool bro, too soon :joy:

9 Likes

It doesn’t even have to be own, even just work at. We have a few sponsors that our team members/mentors are employed at, but only one sponsor of ours I believe is a parent’s own personal business.

I wouldn’t focus on getting one large sponsor either, it would probably be better to focus efforts to multiple smaller sponsors (to an extent). If something happens to the large sponsor and they back out, you are completely broke. If you lose half of your multiple smaller sponsors, you still have half, rather than 0 of your large.

19 Likes

Still hurts

Winning blue banners definitely helps get bigger sponsorship. And we need every penny we get.

2 Likes

I personally feel like it may be a bit on the easier side to convince new companies into sponsoring Hawaii teams as they are on an island in the middle of the ocean. Meanwhile, the major competitions are in mainland. It is definitely harder for us compared to new rookies- we have been a team for 15 seasons. Our biggest team history mistake would be not reaching out to sponsors early enough. Getting back in the game is quite hard now.
Congratulations on your wins!