How to get NI LabVIEW

Hey all, My team programmed in C++ last year and now we are switching to LabVIEW. How or can i get the software so i can tinker and start learning before this upcoming season? Thanks in Advance.

-Kyler Hagler
3310 Team Black Hawk

If you still have the software CDs from last year’s kit, you should be able to install last year’s Labview version from them.

I don’t know if we have them but i will check tomorrow when i get a chance. Thanks!

If you can’t find them, you can download a trial version and mess with some of the language itself. Note that this doesn’t come with the WPI libraries and you’ll have to find them on your own.

The free download is for LabVIEW 2011 which is the version that you will be using in FRC 2012 and would be a good start to work through many of the helpful tutorials.

But the WPI libraries and the cRIO image that we have is only compatible with LabVIEW 8.6. Beside the beta test teams, we will not get the FRC support files for LabVIEW 2011 until the 2012 kickoff.

So if you wish to try programming your robot, your best bet is to find your LabVIEW 8.6 DVD from last year or find a nearby team and barrow theirs. The LabVIEW licensee can be found in the documentation online at FIRST. All teams used the same licensee.