I was curious if you could take a big
road air trip around to get the most matches possible in 2022. I found out how.
- Compete at PNW Clackamas (~36 teams) from March 3rd to March 5th.
- March 5th, 11:45pm flight (B6 1206) to NYC (JFK), arriving March 6th at 7:49am.
- Transfer from JFK to Newark (EWR).
- 1:15pm flight (LY 28) from EWR to Tel Aviv (TLV), arriving March 7th at 6:35am.
- Compete at ISR District Event #1 (~36 teams) from March 7th to March 9th.
- March 10th, 9:50am flight (TK 785) from TLV to Istanbul (IST), arriving at 1:10pm.
- March 10th, 2:30pm flight (TK 33) from IST to Houston (IAH), arriving at 7:00pm.
- Compete at FIT Channelview (~36 teams) from March 11th to March 13th.
- March 13th, 7:51pm flight (UA 1673) from IAH to Denver (DEN), arriving at 9:23pm.
- 11:40pm flight (UA 2006) from DEN to EWR, arriving March 14th at 5:17am.
- Drive from Newark, NJ to Albany, NY (roughly 2 to 3 hours).
- Compete at New York Tech Valley Regional (~64 teams) from March 14th to March 16th.
- March 17th, 6:30am flight (UA 2133) from Albany (ALB) to Chicago (ORD), arriving at 8:09am.
- March 17th, 9:10am flight (UA 3958) from ORD to Indianapolis (IND).
- Compete at FIN Columbus (~32 teams) from March 18th to 20th.
- March 20th, 7:55pm flight (UA 4518) from IND to ORD, arriving at 8:13pm.
- 9:05pm flight (UA 2454) from ORD to Queens, NY (LGA), arriving March 21st at 12:16am.
- Compete at SBPLI Long Island Regional #1 (~48 teams) from March 21st to March 23rd.
- March 24th, 9:20am flight (AA 4580) from LGA to IND, arriving at 11:53am.
- Compete at FIN Tippecanoe (~32 teams) from March 25th to March 27th.
- March 28th, 8:30am flight (AA 1296) from IND to Tallahassee (TLH), arriving at 1:36pm.
- Drive from Tallahassee, FL to Albany, GA (~2 hours).
- Compete at PCH Albany (~32 teams) from March 31st to April 2nd.
- Take any flight April 3rd-7th from TLH to Windsor Locks, CT (BDL).
- Compete at NE Hartford (~40 teams) from April 8th to April 10th.
- Take any flight April 11th-13th from BDL to IND.
- Compete at Indiana State Championship (~32 teams) from April 14th to 17th.
You’d have 10 completed events before champs, so I would hope you would be able to qualify somehow, although you’re only doing 2 regionals outside of your district, so there’s honestly a chance you wouldn’t, especially with your robot probably self-destructing halfway through the season.
All in all, you’d probably get - by my napkin math and off-the-top-of-my-head-estimation - approximately 12 + 12 + 12 + 8 + 12 + 10 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 = 114 matches, without considering elims.
What does all this tell us? Nothing. Hopefully a millionaire gets bored and wants to fund this. Ask around, see if you know anyone. Hopefully you don’t mind sleeping on planes and the kids are good at finishing homework quickly.