How to show limelight camera on smartdashboard/shuffleboard?

How in the Mother Mary and God’s Good Realm do you show limelight camera on smartdashboard/shuffleboard?

1 Like

For Shuffleboard, it shows up in the Camera Streams popout on the left. I have not tried to do it with smartdash.

2 Likes

You do have to set your team number first. If you do not, it will not show up on the smart dashboard or shuffleboard.

2 Likes

What if it streams on SmartDashboard but not Shuffleboard….

On SmartDashboard, once you open it, you have to click view then add and CameraServer Stream Viewer. You have to connect to the limelight in order for it to show.

1 Like

Add a new CameraStream object to it, and set the limelight stream ip:port combination for the source.

1 Like

I’ve tried this and it seems to crash our robot. As you noted, the code should be simple but, the second of these lines causes our robot code to completely crash.

limelightFeed = new HttpCamera("limelight", "http://10.3.22.11:5800/stream.mjpg", HttpCameraKind.kMJPGStreamer);
CameraServer.getInstance().startAutomaticCapture(limelightFeed);

I can access the camera at the actual IP address in a browser but, when we try to capture the video with a CameraServer, the code simply never loads. Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.