How to type a capital "V" in VSCode

The shortcut for Manage Vendor Libraries is Shift+V. How to override this so when coding and using camel caps a variable needing example getVelocity() can be typed?
Capture

2 Likes

Ctrl+K Ctrl+S will get you all of the shortcuts used by VSCode. From there, you can search for Manage Vendor Libraries and disable or assign it to a different combination.

2 Likes

I don’t think that shortcut is assigned by default.

2 Likes

caps lock?

6 Likes

Ya that would do it too.

So maybe I did this to myself. That’s possible.

Wait, sane people don’t rebind their Caps Lock key to Esc?

(Stupid Touch Bar)

2 Likes

16 Likes

I would type getVelocity() in notepad or a search bar and then copy paste it on to VSCode.

Sadly that is what I was doing. I Had two different programming laptops acting the same way so i assumed it was just that way. One of them is mine and i don’t ever recall making these custom key bindings.

Do you have a prankster on the team and did you ever leave your laptop lying around unlocked?

At work recently, a colleague did this and ended up bringing in donuts the next day because “he” sent an email out to the team saying he would.

Steve

shift -v works for me. Manage vendor libraries does not have any shortcut by default. You could change it by going to File>preferences>keyboard shortcuts.