How to use a camera on my robot

Our team wants to use an usb camera on our robot . But when l plug it into the usb port on the roborio , l can’t find it through my shuffleboard . So, how to use a usb camera on my robot?

Start here:

Then tell us what you tried, what you expected to happen, and what actually happened.

1 Like

Makes sure you import the Camera stuff and initialize it in robot init. If this still doesn’t work, it’s possible one of the USB ports on the rio is damaged. Try plugging the camera into the other port and see if that works. Also make sure the camera itself isn’t broken, maybe by plugging it into a computer and testing it out.

l have used the smartdashboard to see the camera successfully , but how can l see the camera from the shuffleboard.

Go to the side of the screen and click on network servers, and there should be a camera option underneath it. I wish I could show pictures, but I got a new laptop and don’t have the driverstation installed yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.