Human player rules

Can human players pass their balls to their alliance human players?

yes, there is only one hole in the player station per allience per match so working with you partners human players is a must

RTM

yes… RTM

Guys…lay off on him. There’s no need to be harsh - he asked a reasonable question and got an answer. You can’t use the “thread is in the wrong forum” excuse either - it’s exactly where it needs to be. Cussing someone out (even in acronym form) for asking a question is completely uncalled for.

Methinks Cory and Jeff both need a good dose of Gracious Professionalism…

Actually, we would like people to read the manual. It is one thing if there is nothing about a certain point in the manual. Its another entirely when someone comes and asks “Can we hang off the vertical poles?” or “Can we block the other teams trough” or “Can we stick two 2x balls on a goal?” READ THE MANUAL PEOPLE!!! Its not like the questions forum is for people who are too lazy to read the manual… it’s not the job of the people who do read the manual to hold everyone else’s hands.

Cory

is there 3 balls in the player atation to begin with?

Yes it does, and no only one human player may shoot the balls. There are four players per team, Two pilots, one coach, and one “HUMAN PLAYER” which is basically the person who shoots, and all four teams have three balls already in the lil chubby area so they can start shooting as soon as auto mode is over.

Ok i have read the rules numerous times and i have a similar question becuase the rules contridict themselves. Read g 09 g10 and g 16 in sections 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 Yes I know they are planning on getting rid of the paddles but still.

to clear up any confusion for those of you who havent been able to read all the way through the manual, here goes (note: It was an honest question and request for help, but in the future, please do see if something is in the manual first)

each alliance consists of two teams, each team has one human player, each player station, that houses one allience (thats both teams) has a corral on either side (at ground level on the outer edge, aka away from the middle). Once the robots are in the driver’s area, any member of the team can touch and pass the balls to either human player.

<G16> ROBOTS can only pass the SMALL balls into the Team Zone via the Ball Chute. Once balls have cleared the Ball Corral, any team member may pass SMALL balls to either HUMAN PLAYER on their alliance.

and you dont start with any balls available for the human players, your robots have to recover the small purple or yellow ones before the human player can start throwing anything

so, lesson learned: please read or do a search through the manuals before asking questions, as they really do explain a LOT that you might not catch the first time around

:smiley:

the fact is tho is that the manual contradicts itself with rule g 10 and g 16
<G10> HUMAN PLAYERs cannot be aided by any object or ther person. Violating this rule will result in the
disabling of the team’s ROBOT and the team will be disqualified.

<G16> ROBOTS can only pass the SMALL balls into the Team Zone via the Ball Chute. Once balls have cleared
the Ball Corral, any team member may pass SMALL balls to either HUMAN PLAYER on their alliance.

If the HP can’t be aided by another person then how can they pass the balls around?

I believe that rule <G10> is that the human player cannot stand on someone else’s shoulders, bring a stepstool, etc. Clarification from FIRST is probably needed though.

Since it falls under the “SAFETY” category, they don’t want someone getting hurt by falling. Handing a ball between players doesn’t seem to pose a safety risk, so not allowing the balls to be passed to other team members is most likely not the intent.

no…
there is one corral per team and i doubt first will let u chuck balls over the drivers head…
read the manual…then use ur brain :smiley:

and you dont start with any balls available for the human players, your robots have to recover the small purple or yellow ones before the human player can start throwing anything

i guess its time for everyone to take a deep breath and look up ‘humility’ in the dictionary

the photos in section 4.1 show 3 ‘starting balls’ in each teams ball corral at the start of the game - so apparently, even if your bots are DOA, your side of the field has 6 balls behind the wall.

<G16> … any team member may pass small balls to either human player on their alliance

why would ‘pass’ exclude tossing them back and forth?

And for more evidence of the 3 starting balls heres the picture is attached and rule <G14> States:

Team members may not touch any balls during the AUTONOMOUS PERIOD. HUMAN PLAYERS may use any balls in the Team Zone once the AUTONOMOUS PERIOD ends.

[left]So I assume that there are 3 balls in the alliance station at the beginning of each match.[/left]

start.jpg

start.jpg

There are 3 balls per team in the player station at the start of the match.
Any person may handle the balls.
Any person can hand the ball to anyone else on your alliance.
There are two ball chutes/corrals per alliance.
The human player is the only person allowed to cause balls to enter the field, and can not be aided by any object (sling, chair) or person (help pushing, standing on back/sholders).

Asking questions is ok and encouraged. Reading the manual before hand is also ok and encouraged. Tytus, you had a valid question, and I hope I answered it for you. I found the answers in The Game, section 4 of the manual.

Wetzel

just so you know, there are two holes in the players station per alliance, each team has a hole and a ball coral.