"i.am.FIRST -- Science is Rock and Roll" airs August 14th

Check out the ABC press release on “i.am.FIRST” ABC special filmed at World Championships this year.

http://www.usfirst.org/uploadedFiles/About_Us/Media_Center/Press_Releases_and_FIRST_News/2011/iamFIRST-ScienceisRockandRoll_FINALrel7-22-2011_FIRSTversion2.pdf

Looking forward to it! :yikes:

Thanks for posting this. Seems like a great use of the will.i.am name to attract viewers who would not otherwise watch a FIRST special. I am looking forward to it because I was unable to go to the championship.

I still wish he would wear the FIRST hat Dean gave him at the kick-off.

As do we.

Help an old guy out here…

Do I promote this as will.i.am and FIRST?

or Black Eyed Peas and FIRST?

Is it correct to promote the man or the group?

Not knowing the make up of the show I would promote it at will.i.am, from the Black Eyed Peas, and FIRST. will.i.am is really establishing his personality and brand outside of the BEPs, however I still think there is value in tying him to the BEPs.

Trust me, your not the only one with this confusion. How do I apply for early membership into the GOM club? Perhaps I should ask IndySam for details.

Jason

I must say I’m pretty excited for this. It’s going to be some great publicity for FIRST.

I’m struggling to bridge the gap between BEP and Rock and Roll. Just because a classic rock song is sampled in your tune doesn’t make you a rock n roller.

I’ve decided to give up and just pretend to be enthusiastic about the whole thing.

It is will.i.am that approached FIRST to make the show, but the BEP are the performers so I would say “will.i.am, of the Black Eyed Peas and FIRST”

I am SO excited for this show. The concert was a HUGE moment for FIRST. I’ve been lucky enough to see some of the material from the show (I’m interning at FIRST Marketing, so promoting this is obviously a big part of my job) , and I was fortunate enough to get some time to talk to will.i.am and his mom (who presented Dean’s List with my grandmother) at the Championship. HE GETS IT, guys. He really gets it.

August 14th, 7pm on ABC. One more step toward a culture change for us all. :slight_smile:

We don’t have a club, you’ll know when you get there.

But this GOM is excited for this show. I can’t say I enjoy there music but anything that puts FIRST in the spotlight can be good.

I actually heard an 30 second clip advertising this on Satellite Radio today. Cool Beans!

there was a miley cyrus, justin beiber, and britney spears there? does anyone recall seeing these people? i don’t ::rtm::

I recall there being several pre-taped bits during the breaks in the performances there (Jack Black and Snoop Dogg come to mind immediately–I’ve slept since). Perhaps they’re in that group?

I was surprised to hear that over the weekend as well.

Managed to find this i.am.first site by accident. It has some quick interviews with some of the folks mentioned in previous posts and has a genuine countdown clock. I thought it was worth sharing.

http://iamfirst.dipdive.com/

I did a quick search and didn’t see it mentioned anywhere else here but if it’s already out there, sorry :slight_smile:

Here’s a picture of the email I just got from FIRST. Hopefully it worked better for other people.

It was supposed to look like this.

I actually disagree with Mr. Jack Black. I think that honor of rock star should go to Dr. Richard Feynman.

Promotion, pure and simple.

It’s interesting to see what happens when you put analytical, data-driven, break-it-sooner-than-later-so-you-can-fix-it FIRSTers alongside the hype and promotion of a major event such as a concert or a TV special. Especially in CD where we ignore, red rep, and/or publicly chastise posters who hype/promote themselves, their team, or their standing.

Really interesting. I think, overall, we’re doing pretty good in riding this wave.

Jane