I cannot move motors with Victor or Jaguars

Me and my team was doing a project related to moving a robot with a phone using an app. I put together the electrical parts on the chassis of the robot about seven months ago and it worked fine. But now when we try to move the robot, it would not move. I spent hours trying to figure this out. I first thought this was a code failure and I checked the code (the code is LabVIEW coding ). I have tweaked it a little bit and built the code again. It has code and communication but it still does not move ( take note that its getting connection through an Ethernet cable ). I changed the CRIO, the slot containing code and rebuilt the code again, PWM’s, Jaguars to Victors, Sidecar, Wago’s ( I think that’s what you call them ), wires, and even the Amp Fuses. I have also changed the slots of the wires and PWM’s. I have tested the motors to see if they work without code and they work. Apparently, when the robot is enabled, it is in a neutral state ( both Jaguars and Victors has slow flashing yellow light ) in which I cannot move them. Both of the Joysticks work. I had a similar problem with our other robot. It worked fine before and after competition but a couple of months ago, only the Victor didn’t work. But now the right motor would not move, only the left. The Jaguar is in the same neutral state. I used the same code on this robot and put it on the other robot’s code slot ( forgot what its called ). I put this code slot into our competition robot to see if it would move. None of the code worked except for the solenoid. Am I building the code wrong? I am pretty sure its not the code though but I don’t understand this. May someone please give me suggestions :confused: ?

Nathan,
If the speed controller LEDs are flashing they are not getting a valid PWM signal. If you are connecting through the Digital Side Car, check that it is getting voltage. All three LEDs on the DSC must be lit. If that is correct, perhaps there is a problem with the DSC interface. Are you using one of the defective ribbon cables that were supplied in the KOP last year? this is one of the issues with that defective cable. Only a few of the PWM signals pass the others do not. Check the Team Updates for instructions on the cable.

Well all the lights on the side car are green and I believe I was using a computer cable.

I will check it tomorrow.

I also found that the driver station shows zero volts when active.

Nathan,
The voltage is measured by the analog module that is in slot 1 of the Crio. You have to have battery voltage connected to the module and you need to have the jumper in place for it to be read by dashboard. The voltage is interpreted as a low battery and the Crio is supposed to disable all output during that condition.

I will try this solution tomorrow.

We have connected the first anolog and its getting power but yet there is still no voltage showing up on our dashboard. What did you mean by jumper by the way? I have at least not used it before or never had to.

Nathan,
There is an LED on the analog module that will illuminate when you have it connected and receiving power. At the other end of the circuit board, there is a computer jumper with three pins. Two of these pins must be connected together using the computer jumper in order for the battery voltage to be input to the Crio.

You can see a pictoral here… http://www.usfirst.org/sites/default/files/uploadedFiles/Robotics_Programs/FRC/Game_and_Season__Info/2012_Assets/Analog%20Breakout.pdf

There is a diagram and explanation on pages 2 and 3 of this doc.

I see Voltage now but I still cannot move the motors

Do you still having flashing LEDs on the speed controllers?

Yes

Taking a picture of the control system, while it’s turned on and clearly showing where each wire starts and ends could help us find the problem quicker than a drawn out question and answer session. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Ill try…

Photo’s

More Photos

More Photos

More Photos

More Photos

More Photos