I currently have a west coast drivetrain build and was wondering what cool things I could use it for?

I rebuilt an old west coast drive train for rookie programming. What do you think I should add to make it more interesting and fun

limelight

3 Likes

A compressor, tank, and pneumatics control module. Then you could put a tube to a solenoid with a party horn. Great way to teach pneumatics

9 Likes

Field-relative positioning through non-linear state estimation

17 Likes

chair

32 Likes

Make it a battle bot

1 Like

Finally developing accurate carpet grain compensation

5 Likes

any 2015 bot you can find honestly

1 Like

bonk

4 Likes

my favorite use for things like that is training new drivers to be aggressive when driving the robot. We have a really big makerspace with this funky floor material with very little friction so I like running figure-8 drills at top speed so it becomes tokyo drift. It teaches people not to be afraid of controlling the robot (although having someone on the emergency stop is a good idea :wink: )

Mini Zamboni to clean up trash around campus.

Funny story…

1 Like

here’s an idea-rig a camera stabilizer to it. even one of the phone ones. then, hit record and drive it around. better yet, put it on a spinning rig with filming at a high frame rate. that will look cool.

itd be like it has eyes.

get something like this (not reco this one specifically, too expensive for a pet project) and just secure it to an arm.

Can confirm. The correct answer is chair.
(just make sure the wheels stay on)
Google Photos

3 Likes