I Don't Know C Or C++ Ahhhhhh!!

could somebody send me a program that they used in their robot mabey please because i am in my second year of java but i know very little about c or c++ Thank you

None of us have used C in our FIRST robots before. This will be the first year. They used to be PBASIC.

This link should be very helpful to you. http://www.innovationfirst.com/FIRSTRobotics/edu-read-me.htm

c isnt that bad i tookd c++ last year in computer ap. It takes a day or two to learn the basics and then you just play with it. best way to get information go to a search enginge and type in like c source code and just start looking at it and runnign the program tos ee what it does and stuff best way to learn is hands on

The Java syntax borrows heavily from C, so I dont think you have to much to worry about. The major difference is C is a much lower level language, and thus the compiler won’t do as much of the work for you. IFI will be supplying a default program that will handle all the tricky I?O parts, so I wouldn’t worry to much. Once you’ve learned one language well, you should be able to adapt to another language fairly quickly.

Im scared. I havent programmed in C for a few years…

*Originally posted by Kevin Karan *
**Im scared. I havent programmed in C for a few years… **
If it makes you feel any better, I haven’t programmed in C ever

At least I learn quickly…

I wish they would release the full sample code already… At least the reference guide has enough information to get started.

*Originally posted by Kevin Karan *
**I wish they would release the full sample code already… At least the reference guide has enough information to get started. **

They already released the EDU Default code: http://www.innovationfirst.com/FIRSTRobotics/pdfs/EDU_Default_Code_10-22-2003.zip
The code for the full sized controller will be pretty much the same except for some headers / includes / libraries / etc. Any code you write for the EDU should copy & paste into the framework they give us for the full controller (except for some simple modifications).

what I ment was the functional one, they have previouly released tank and 1joy sample code. I’d just like to see somthing functional, but I guess im going to have to do that myself :wink:

Actualy, im quite happy about the language swicth, if there is autonomus mode this year again, I should be able to do somthing better, my autonomus code from last year was too slow/buggy, we ended up compleaty rewriteing it durring our first regional.