I heard.........

Posted by wehba at 1/20/2001 3:13 PM EST

Student on team #513, Renegade Robotics, from Thomas Jefferson Middle School and nasa.

that First was cancelling the competition due to technical difficulties is that true?

Posted by Steve Prairie at 1/20/2001 4:32 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from Rockville High School and UTRC.

In Reply to: I heard…
Posted by wehba on 1/20/2001 3:13 PM EST:

Rumors have been passed that Mickey is giving FIRST an ultimatum: Either Dean tells him what “IT” is, or no National competition…

Posted by Ken Leung at 1/20/2001 4:57 PM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

: that First was cancelling the competition due to technical difficulties is that true?

NO!!! this couldn’t be!!!

No matter what kind of game everyone think this year’s will be, we all would’ve lose something if there weren’t this competition going on… I can’t even start to imagine.

Posted by Matt Leese at 1/20/2001 5:06 PM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Rochester Institute of Technology.

: that First was cancelling the competition due to
technical difficulties is that true?

If FIRST is having technical difficults getting the
competetion going then I wonder what they’d be up to.
I mean, they’ve already built the field once so how
could they get it that wrong. Maybe they’re trying to
use the field blue prints that they gave to the rest of
us and they just gave up in disgust. :wink:

Matt who’s excuse is that he did FIRST all day today

Posted by Veronica at 1/20/2001 8:40 PM EST

Student on team #27, Team Rush, from Osmtech and Textron.

In Reply to: Re: I heard…
Posted by Matt Leese on 1/20/2001 5:06 PM EST:

: lol i was there all day today too. And if it is infact cancelled i will . . . . do somthing bad! i’m sure it is a silly rumor go relax u guys we all had a long day!

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 1/20/2001 5:30 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

First off, where did you hear that from? And secondly, what kind of technical difficulties?

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Ken Leung at 1/21/2001 3:43 AM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: Re: I heard…
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 1/20/2001 5:30 PM EST:

: First off, where did you hear that from? And secondly, what kind of technical difficulties?

: -Jessica B, #237

I was going to ask the same questions too… but then I thought this kind of rumor is too serious to be out. I am pretty sure this will be too huge of a change to people’s life to come out like this. Although I don’t want to sounds serious about this, but I have to say this:

Teams right now DO NOT need to hear these kind of rumor. We all are spending serious time trying to come up with a robot, and this rumor is going to make teams confused. Older teams probably will ignor this, but what if a rookie team accidentally come accross this and thought it’s true? Put yourself in their position, think about all those rule changes the past few days, and imagine the doubtand the distraction. Although this IS rumor mill, but sometimes there should be a limit of degree in rumors.

Posted by mike o’leary at 1/24/2001 7:07 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high.

In Reply to: bad rumor
Posted by Ken Leung on 1/21/2001 3:43 AM EST:

: : First off, where did you hear that from? And secondly, what kind of technical difficulties?

: : -Jessica B, #237

: I was going to ask the same questions too… but then I thought this kind of rumor is too serious to be out. I am pretty sure this will be too huge of a change to people’s life to come out like this. Although I don’t want to sounds serious about this, but I have to say this:

: Teams right now DO NOT need to hear these kind of rumor. We all are spending serious time trying to come up with a robot, and this rumor is going to make teams confused. Older teams probably will ignor this, but what if a rookie team accidentally come accross this and thought it’s true? Put yourself in their position, think about all those rule changes the past few days, and imagine the doubtand the distraction. Although this IS rumor mill, but sometimes there should be a limit of degree in rumors.

i agree with ken…or i would, except that i heard that rumors true. rookie teams out there - ignore ken, hes just messing with youre heads, saying that its a fake rumor…

Posted by JVN at 1/20/2001 7:24 PM EST

Student on team #250, GE Dynamos - Capital District Robotics Team, from Shenendehowa High School and General Electric.

: that First was cancelling the competition due to technical difficulties is that true?

Maybe IT went on some kind of a rampage… Kamen could be injured… Woodie paralised from the
waist down!

or maybe it’s just a fake rumor…haha

~John #250 (whose excuse is that he ALSO did robotics all day