I heard.........

Posted by wehba at 1/25/2001 5:39 PM EST

Student on team #513, Renegade Robotics, from Thomas Jefferson Middle School and nasa.

that first was cancelling the event.

Posted by Matt Leese at 1/25/2001 8:30 PM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Rochester Institute of Technology.

In Reply to: I heard…
Posted by wehba on 1/25/2001 5:39 PM EST:

: that first was cancelling the event.

Isn’t this the second time we’ve heard this rumor? No, FIRST is not canceling the event. If they canceled they’d tell everyone through official channels (ie send info to team contact) and given that I haven’t recieved anything and I’m the team contact, I would seriously doubt they’d cancel. Anyway, why WOULD they cancel it?

Matt

Posted by Anton Abaya at 1/25/2001 10:19 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NONE AT THE MOMENT! :(.

In Reply to: Re: I heard…
Posted by Matt Leese on 1/25/2001 8:30 PM EST:

: : that first was cancelling the event.

: Isn’t this the second time we’ve heard this rumor? No, FIRST is not canceling the event. If they canceled they’d tell everyone through official channels (ie send info to team contact) and given that I haven’t recieved anything and I’m the team contact, I would seriously doubt they’d cancel. Anyway, why WOULD they cancel it?

: Matt

yes FIRST is cancelling the event because Mickey Mouse forget to wear his shorts…

-anton

Posted by Robby at 1/25/2001 11:41 PM EST

Other on team #108, The SigmaC@Ts, from AIFL and Motorola.

In Reply to: confirmation…!
Posted by Anton Abaya on 1/25/2001 10:19 PM EST:

Well, we are techies. Not like we dont see mouseballs on a daily basis. Err… Was that too tasteless for this forum??? (C’mon Ken! Waitin for the comments!)

-Robby 0
I wont dare deface what I do with that comment… B^P

Posted by Ken Leung at 1/26/2001 12:48 AM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: Confirmation??? Mickey and the gang’s gone streakin???
Posted by Robby on 1/25/2001 11:41 PM EST:

: Well, we are techies. Not like we dont see mouseballs on a daily basis. Err… Was that too tasteless for this forum??? (C’mon Ken! Waitin for the comments!)

: -Robby 0
: I wont dare deface what I do with that comment… B^P

People keep telling me to not respond if I don’t like the topic… so I’ve been keeping stuff to myself these days. Plus, you know, I never want to argue with anyone out there, after all anyone posting on this forum is trying to help other people as well, and I respect that. I really think it’s the people who make this forum as good as it is.

Now, if I am the Ken who everyone thinks is all strict and serious and not loosen enough, and I probably would tell people to stop this kind of rumor. But in fact, I am not. :’( I really really isn’t that kind of person. What happened before was I started seeing a trend growing in the forum and have some opinion about it, and I’ve already explained that in one of my last posts.

So yeah… please don’t think any less of me because I only respond to technical discussion. I just enjoy doing it, that’s all.

Posted by Anton Abaya at 1/26/2001 8:48 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NONE AT THE MOMENT! :(.

In Reply to: sigh…
Posted by Ken Leung on 1/26/2001 12:48 AM EST:

: : Well, we are techies. Not like we dont see mouseballs on a daily basis. Err… Was that too tasteless for this forum??? (C’mon Ken! Waitin for the comments!)

: : -Robby 0
: : I wont dare deface what I do with that comment… B^P

: People keep telling me to not respond if I don’t like the topic… so I’ve been keeping stuff to myself these days. Plus, you know, I never want to argue with anyone out there, after all anyone posting on this forum is trying to help other people as well, and I respect that. I really think it’s the people who make this forum as good as it is.

: Now, if I am the Ken who everyone thinks is all strict and serious and not loosen enough, and I probably would tell people to stop this kind of rumor. But in fact, I am not. :’( I really really isn’t that kind of person. What happened before was I started seeing a trend growing in the forum and have some opinion about it, and I’ve already explained that in one of my last posts.

: So yeah… please don’t think any less of me because I only respond to technical discussion. I just enjoy doing it, that’s all.

hehehe :slight_smile:

-anton

Posted by mike o’leary at 1/27/2001 12:01 AM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high.

In Reply to: OMIGOD! you killed kenny!
Posted by Anton Abaya on 1/26/2001 8:48 AM EST:

: : : Well, we are techies. Not like we dont see mouseballs on a daily basis. Err… Was that too tasteless for this forum??? (C’mon Ken! Waitin for the comments!)

: : : -Robby 0
: : : I wont dare deface what I do with that comment… B^P

: : People keep telling me to not respond if I don’t like the topic… so I’ve been keeping stuff to myself these days. Plus, you know, I never want to argue with anyone out there, after all anyone posting on this forum is trying to help other people as well, and I respect that. I really think it’s the people who make this forum as good as it is.

: : Now, if I am the Ken who everyone thinks is all strict and serious and not loosen enough, and I probably would tell people to stop this kind of rumor. But in fact, I am not. :’( I really really isn’t that kind of person. What happened before was I started seeing a trend growing in the forum and have some opinion about it, and I’ve already explained that in one of my last posts.

: : So yeah… please don’t think any less of me because I only respond to technical discussion. I just enjoy doing it, that’s all.

: hehehe :slight_smile:

: -anton

more hehehehe-ing
mike

Posted by Lora Knepper at 1/26/2001 5:20 PM EST

Other on team FIRST-a-holics Anonymous from . sponsored by …

In Reply to: sigh…
Posted by Ken Leung on 1/26/2001 12:48 AM EST:

Ken…

Please don’t feel “silenced” on the forums… I admit, I’ve been doing the same thing, sitting back and reading rather than posting to threads I either don’t like or find OT. But we all know Robby and Anton and their tendancy to throw in odd things, it’s just who they are like we are more serious. I know that was meant more as a playful prod than a put down, so I hope you didn’t take it as such. Lets have some fun and get some work done :o)

~ lora

Posted by JVN at 1/26/2001 11:48 AM EST

Student on team #250, GE Dynamos - Capital District Robotics Team, from Shenendehowa High School and General Electric.

In Reply to: Confirmation??? Mickey and the gang’s gone streakin???
Posted by Robby on 1/25/2001 11:41 PM EST:

: Well, we are techies. Not like we dont see mouseballs on a daily basis. Err… Was that too
tasteless for this forum??? (C’mon Ken! Waitin for the comments!)

Did anybody ever think IT is some giant machine invented by Dean Kamen to help clothe
animals? He doesn’t want anyone to have to see mouseballs ever again…

Plus, if he gives mickey back his pants, we can have our competition!

~John #250