i know

wings and a stacking mechanism and whats that called when they turn there wheel in any direction but anyways that what they have. unless that was a decoy at there invitational.

Oh My God, that was so mean. But still I laughed until I cried.

Its called Omni-directional steering, sometimes “Crab Drive” sometimes “Swerve Drive”

Sorry man but that was funny.

i’m esl… leave me alone man!

*Originally posted by yangotang *
**i’m esl… leave me alone man! **

the difference between you and our other friend here is that you actually know how to communicate coherently and as such do not need reminders such as this.

Jacob!!! Be Nice! Please excuse Jacob everyone, we’re still working on a few subjects, such as MANNERS. I’ll make a more serious effort to keep him away from the general populace until he learns to handle himself in an appropriate fashion

ouch, busted!

on a more serious note, i do have an actual question.

Is there any special name that is attributed to drive trains with extra sets of wheels that drop down at a 90 degree angle from the main drive train - as opposed to drive trains in which the wheel simply rotate?

Based on his other previous post.
He is SUPPOSEDLY telling us what Wildstand does this year.

Whether or not it’s true is not confirmed, and probably won’t be until after week 1 of regionals.

I’ll wait for Raul or Mike to post before I believe it.

Just my opinion.

*Originally posted by Solace *
Is there any special name that is attributed to drive trains with extra sets of wheels that drop down at a 90 degree angle from the main drive train - as opposed to drive trains in which the wheel simply rotate? **

I call the drop down ones, CRAB, where as I call the rotating ones SWERVE.

Everyone has different terminology. This is mine.

This year we have drop down wheels, and we call it our ‘crab drive’.

In several past years we have had fully turnable wheels, which we called ‘translational drive’.

I do believe that teams such as 47 call their turnable wheel systems crab systems too though.

So I guess it’s all in your team’s vernacular…

last year, 247 had swivel wheels, but we never had a set term for them…

At our school, we call it ELD, English Learning + Development.
Funny how you gave that link, yet did not use a period yourself.

*Originally posted by srjjs *
**At our school, we call it ELD, English Learning + Development.
Funny how you gave that link, yet did not use a period yourself. **

You now have permission to beat me with a bent spork.

**You now have permission to beat me with a bent spork. **

If he doesn’t, I’ll do it for him. :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by miketwalker *
**If he doesn’t, I’ll do it for him. :slight_smile: **

Be my guest. I’m not a violent person at heart.

woe is me, I am slain.

**You now have permission to beat me with a bent spork. **

oh man… i remember this girl in middle school who had a pet spork named Stanley. boy she was wierd. and prolly one of my best friends. =-]

drops a token into the useless post bucket

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/papers.php?s=&action=single&paperid=113

That is omni drive (at least by my definition), I call all others crab steering. I really dont understand why people go through the challenge of making their wheels turn when there is such a easy alternative as patrick presents.

Greg

I’ll beat anyone who offers me the opportunity.

I call them all CrAzY drives

I hope to see some innovative and effective drives this year, but the old standards of 2wd, 4wd, and treads have always been unbeatable