I love the Internet...

Posted by Joe Johnson.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 10/10/99 8:04 PM MST

I love the internet…

For any teams (at least Michigan teams) having trouble finding potential high schools to mentor for our Chief Delphi Invitational, I have managed to dig up a database from the Michigan Dept of Education.

Anyway, I sorted it and massaged it a bit and (probably) by the time you read this it will be uploaded to our site!!!

A techno slam dunk if I do say so myself.

ANYWAY,

The database is a 1 MEG table with 937 Michigan High Schools. It is sorted by zipcode so you can easily find a school near you. It also has contact names (typically principals), addresses, and telephone numbers (and fax numbers too).

Good luck.

Joe J.

P.S. With 937 high schools in Michigan alone, FIRST has a LONG way to go.

Posted by Susanne Krussell.

Coach on team #163, The Quantum Mechanics, from International Academy and Quantum Consultants/Eaton/ITT.

Posted on 10/10/99 9:52 PM MST

In Reply to: I love the Internet… posted by Joe Johnson on 10/10/99 8:04 PM MST:

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the great idea. I looked up all the schools in Oakland and Macomb counties. Unfortunately, when I tried to download your HUGE file, my computer froze up. Twice. Geez. Anyway, I have about 8 or 9 schools to check tomorrow. Thanks again. Sue K.