I need help again. Labview programming

Hello, I’m from team 3355 and I’ve been attempting to resolve this code issue for two weeks. I am starting to be really worried as I don’t know how things are going to turn out. I’m new to programming and still dont undrstand the program to the fullest. If anyone can help, I can answer questions about the code I made or any software on the computer.
The first 2 VIs are periodic task, Second is Begin, and the last one is Finish
The last 4 pictures are the errors I am having. I am using 8 talon motor controllers and I have a two motor "ToughBox Mini for the drive train. 1 on both sides

At the bottom of the LabVIEW project there is a section called “Build Specifications”

Expand that down. Right-click the only thing there. Select “Build.” When that’s done, click “Run as Startup”

The roboRIO will reboot and come back. When that happens, hit the reset button on the roboRIO.

Check the driver station at that point.

If you’re using the FRC2020 software stack, that should resolve your error.

Also, it’s a good habit to get into reading documentation for the tools you’re using. This is documented in CTRE’s getting started guide. It’s how they push the DLL to your roboRIO. You’ll likely find more useful things in their documentation.

How do I know if my software is updated to 2020. I have the robo rio application and it says it is 2020 already. I have followed what you have done and the result of that are found in the error codes

When you open up LabVIEW, what does it say at the top of the screen?

Labview FRC 2020

You have the right LabVIEW software then.

Did you double-check which version of the CTRE libraries you’ve installed? I’d expect you couldn’t get that error if they were last year’s. But, I’d want to check that before getting into other steps.

You say you have 8 Talon Motor Controllers, are these Talon SRXs or Talon SRs? Below are links to a respective image:

Talon SRX

Talon SR

SRX, I actually called a tech support guy and this was resolved. Apparently I didnt have an FRC tab under my build specifications which did not allow me to run the code. All I have to do is re write the code onto a new VI due to this.

Sorry to cause trouble, I actually called a guy and it was resolved!

1 Like

Gotcha, I was looking through your code and if you need any help feel free to message me. I don’t know if your a student or a mentor but I was in a similar situation of not knowing what exactly to do, so do not be afraid to reach out to me if you need help or want some code written. I’m actually using labVIEW to write code for a robot outside of FRC using the FRC control system (RoboRIO, SPARK MAXs, NEOs, PDP etc.), so I’m used to this kind of thing.

It’s no trouble. The community being so open to help each other is why I stick around FRC. You should never feel like you’re troubling/bothering people by asking for help. We’ve got you.